Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it okay to relocate a principal to another school because she has an accent ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by humblewarrior695 View Post
    I know exactly what happened I was there, I was approached, iiwii
    Then you must work for HCISD and were involved.

Comment

Well it sounds like you were able to get kind of first hand knowledge about the situation or what the man told you was his own reasoning. Regardless this is serious but I would hesitate to do anything about it. 1. The principal sounds like she doesn't want to press the matter and if "fine" where she is at. Maybe in the future she'll be able to excel and call the out then. 2. You can bring it up to the proper authorities but again be prepared to call upon the principal who might be reluctant to talk. 3. Finally, I would encourage you think about this and make sure this is a battle you think you could undertake.

PS. Race relations between White and Brown people has a long history both good and bad(especially) here in Texas. I would point to the "Brownsville Riot" as reference.

Comment

If a few parents said it's so, then it must be true.

Comment

Originally posted by humblewarrior695 View Post
          Before I go into details I want to see what y'all think. Honestly racism is alive and well in Harlingen, and I am really not surprised because I have always said Harlingen is a white town. None the less I want to know what y'all think.
          Sorry so late to this subject but I feel I have to say something. I didn't know there was a petition to get rid of that principal. I can honestly say that I was happy that she was moved as she was not a good fit at Stuart Place. I saw that school's moral go way down the year she was there. She removed a bunch of the activities that made the kids happy to go to school like the "family member/student" breakfast or lunch (or tea party if you want to call it that). I was not happy as Stuart was one of only a couple of schools to not have these activities and the other schools were all low performers unlike Stuart Place. I'm sorry but I don't think it was because her accent. In speaking to some of the staff, all said that she changed so many things that it affected the parent/teacher relationship as well as the student/teacher relationship to the point that it was affecting performance. I can also say that Stuart Place isn't like it was just two/three years ago. Just my thoughts.
          Originally Posted by newbler
          Do i flame? You betcha

Comment

Disappearing two to three hours almost daily and not performing routine duties...nah, it’s racism.

Comment

Working...
            X