No announcement yet.

Boxing Scoop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one plan on going to Brandon's fight at the Bert Ogden Arena?

Comment

• When do the press conferences start , all the media coverage for this PAcMan Thurman card.. haven't been seeing too much as of yet, but we're getting really close now

Comment

• https://www.boxingscene.com/porter-t...inator--140726
        A bunch of people have Ugas beating Omar.

I honestly think Ugas is going to beat Omar as well.

I hope i'm wrong though. It would be nice if Omar KOd Ugas. Ugas has been knocked down before but not knocked out.

Comment

• It's been pretty quiet for this PPV card up to now, kind of weird because were almost like a week away.

Comment

• I don't know how much Omar wants to win. Ugas is no slouch and to me has shown more determination to win then Omar has. I question Omar's determination and hunger to win. I just don't see Omar winning this one. I hope I am wrong and hope Omar shows us that he belongs at the top of the division with the big boys. Wish him the best.

Comment

• Fellas it's officially fight week for Weslaco own omar figueroa. Haven't heard or seen from him locally and supposition he's training back home. Maybe he shows up it good shape and surprises us all. Regardless this is a major fight for the rgv native and a possible huge future title fight is at stake. Ugas lost early in his career and hadn't lost since moving up in weight except for a controversial fight against champion porter. A lot of folks criticize omar for his style of fighting but there is a method to his madness. He has been in a lot of close fights but the way he wins is by out huss lingerie his opposition. He wins by out working his opponents one round at a time and while some rounds look close I think judges are swayed by omar by dictating the pace of the rounds and coming forward and throwing lots of punches. He Will have to do the same agains the crafty ugas who usually fights on the back foot but came forward vs. Porter. Omar has to do what he does best and turn it into his kind of fight and get ugas to trade and work his body. Omar style isn't pretty but it sure is entertaining and he wins. A future but with spence looms if he can get his hand raised. Omar usually likes to take the first 2 rounds off to feel his opponents power but he doesn't want ugas to get comfortable either. I'm sure the omar haters will be out and about as they usually are before an omar fight and then dissapear afterwards.

Comment

• Heard a recent interview omar did where he was saying brando needs to get out the valley and spar better opponents yet omar is training here. hopefully his hands hold up...Im hoping we don't here his hands got hurt during the fight if he loses. Hopefully his power can overwhelm ugas and get him out early. This is the perfect opponent to have if he faces Spence next with a win. A crafty boxer.

Comment

• Like Truth said, it's fight week for Omar Figueroa. He's been training hard and has been training as much as 3 times per day. You can tell he's lost a lot of weight, but we're never 100% with Omar when it comes to his weight. Adding to Truth's statements on Ugas, he was Shakur Stevenson's sparring partner. Stevenson is a silver Olympic medalist who is beating down his opponents, he just won Saturday by TKO, he beat a guy who went 12 rounds with Leo Santa Cruz.

Grand arrivals and fighter media workouts start Tuesday. So expect a lot of coverage on Omar.The press conference is on Wednesday at 6PM on FS1.
                  Last edited by mark_heat3; 07-15-2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mark_heat3 View Post
                    Like Truth said, it's fight week for Omar Figueroa. He's been training hard and has been training as much as 3 times per day. You can tell he's lost a lot of weight, but we're never 100% with Omar when it comes to his weight. Adding to Truth's statements on Ugas, he was Shakur Stevenson's sparring partner. Stevenson is a silver Olympic medalist who is beating down his opponents, he just won Saturday by TKO, he beat a guy who went 12 rounds with Leo Santa Cruz.

Grand arrivals and fighter media workouts start Tuesday. So expect a lot of coverage on Omar.The press conference is on Wednesday at 6PM on FS1.
                    I'm excited for the entire card.. Should be some good action

Comment

• Article on Omar’s opponent, Yordenis Ugas. He looks like he’s in great shape.

https://www.boxingscene.com/photos-y...gueroa--140897

Comment

• Looks like omar will defiantly make weight, but is he in fighting shape. Ugas looks ripped and just looks like he's at another weight division in today's photo op

https://youtu.be/DvjsJGZeRLc

Comment

• I've seen very little people picking Omar to win this fight.

Ugas looks in great shape.

But we all know that doesn't mean too much. Look how Andy Ruiz beat Anthony Joshua.

Comment

• Ugas looks much bigger then Omar. He is supposed to be 5'9" and Omar 5'7". Just hope that Omar is not over powered and that he comes to the fight in tip top shape. Looks like Ugas is ready to go right now.. wish Omar the best of luck.

Comment

• Is there a press conference today ?

Comment

• Originally posted by 09'paw'09 View Post
                                Is there a press conference today ?
                                Yeah today at 6pm on FS1.

I wonder if Omar and Ugas will be there. They should.

Comment

Working...
                                X