Spring Ball and 7 on 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Ball and 7 on 7

It's coming up on that time of the year for spring ball and 7 on 7. Chime in with news or discussion on your teams' upcoming participation in spring ball and/or 7 on 7.

Anyone's team(s) playing their spring game soon?
    7 on 7 is up and running in Brownsville on Wednesday evenings. Brownsville, Harlingen, and San Benito schools are participating in the weekly games.

Comment

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title

Comment

Mission, Pioneer, and United qualify for the state 7on7 tournament.
        Last edited by christofire; 06-01-2019, 03:39 PM.

Comment

La Maquina will be playing this weekend at the Corpus SQT. I believe Mercedes will be there also.
          sigpicCowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Comment

Weslaco should be there as well

Comment

Unfortunately Weslaco High won’t make it this weekend to Corpus SQT.
              I'm not afraid to think outside the box or put 8 in it.

Comment

What happen Boost?

Comment

Not enough players to field a team. More than half the team can not make it including both qb’s.
                  I'm not afraid to think outside the box or put 8 in it.

Comment

Mission vets punched their ticket today. Looks like city of mission has been on fire this year.

Comment

La Maquina went 1-2.

Comment

Mission vets was a fill in for Weslaco

Comment

Originally posted by NOdaddyBALL View Post
                          Mission vets punched their ticket today. Looks like city of mission has been on fire this year.
                          Not surprising. I expect some good things out of Mission this season. Especially, High. I'ma get my popcorn ready. lol.

Comment

I'll start off by saying I'm bitter because all of Alice's 7 on 7 losses are to Valley teams that we would kill this season in a real game. Lol but all that bitterness aside your Valley 7 on 7 teams aren't gaining anything for the real season by the way you play your 7 on 7. You guys play to win period and screw working on routes and timing you will need during the regular season. We lost to McAllen Memorial Saturday and if McM threw the ball 40x I'd say 30 of those passes were to the same kid and almost always a short 3-5 out or curl. That'll get you moving the ball in 7 on 7 and get you wins but how does that benefit you in the regular season? This isn't isolated to McM. That type of strategy happens every time I see a Valley school playing 7 on 7.
                            Last edited by Cochino's Revenge; 06-17-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

I know for a fact that mission high and mission vets run their playbook during 7 on 7. The same thing that would have beat Alice if you did play them is the same thing that would beat you come fall if you faced Poineer, Rowe, vets , and Mission just to name a few. Realistically McM is about the only team that will not throw come fall. My question is if they actually threw the ball 30 times to the same player with the same route in a 40 minute running clock game why weren't adjustments made by both the player and coach? Football IQ translates to fall.

Comment

Working...
                              X