Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vela Spring Football

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vela Spring Football

    I was at Vela's spring practice today and I am thoroughly disappointed in what I witnessed. Now, while I do understand that there will be some cussing on the high school football field, I don't appreciate hearing the coaches refer to some of the athletes as "Mexicans," "Goombas," or "beaners". This was just sad.

  • #2
    I’ve been to many practices under coach campbell and I’ve never heard that type of name calling. Btw they have inter scrimmage tomorrow morning at cats stadium.

    Comment


    • #3
      I’m just sad my son is missing out on good stuff can August get here sooon enough?

      Comment


      • #4
        Welcome aboard once again EP2RGV, we also got 11 under classman that sat out last year and are now eligible to play this upcoming season. I know of a safety that transferred from Harlingen south and a big time play maker coming over soon, can’t spoile that one yet lol. We aren’t returning many starters from last year but we do a good solid group coming back. Excited for the 2019 season to start.

        Comment


        • #5
          No doubt my boy will have to compete on a loaded team but he’s putting in the work in the gym as we speak. He’ll only be attending the UIW camp this summer before I bring them to Mexico for the summer. When does regular season practice start I’m going to try and register him the first week of June if not it’ll be the first week of August when they return to the states.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fightmeontheice View Post
            I was at Vela's spring practice today and I am thoroughly disappointed in what I witnessed. Now, while I do understand that there will be some cussing on the high school football field, I don't appreciate hearing the coaches refer to some of the athletes as "Mexicans," "Goombas," or "beaners". This was just sad.
            Should be fired immediately if that was true. Just because its in the Valley doesn't make it ok.

            Comment


            • #7
              Soon they'll turn into the Allen of the RGV with all the transfers they "happen" to get. For all sports, not just football.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Pruvala View Post
                Soon they'll turn into the Allen of the RGV with all the transfers they "happen" to get. For all sports, not just football.
                I moved out of the country for work and wanted my family close to my in laws and newer homes coming up in the Vela area can’t blame the parents.

                Comment


                • #9
                  On the field update: My nephew told me that on Friday the D.C. told the upper class that they "need to haze the younger guys to get them to hit harder." I asked if any other adults were on the field, and he said two other coaches heard what was said and immediately walked away. That is just unacceptable.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
                    I’ve been to many practices under coach campbell and I’ve never heard that type of name calling. Btw they have inter scrimmage tomorrow morning at cats stadium.
                    So Lupito, all slurs and hazing aside, how did that inter scrimmage at Vela go?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Went well, offensive picked where they left off, defensively we need some work. A lot of defensive players still playing baseball though. Come August this team will look like last years. Vela should be competing for DC again.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
                        Went well, offensive picked where they left off, defensively we need some work. A lot of defensive players still playing baseball though. Come August this team will look like last years. Vela should be competing for DC again.
                        Nice. There was a lot of preseason distraction at the QB position last year with multiple contested transfers. What direction does the starting QB slot seem to be going in?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
                          Went well, offensive picked where they left off, defensively we need some work. A lot of defensive players still playing baseball though. Come August this team will look like last years. Vela should be competing for DC again.
                          I like this hopefully my son can fit in somewhere on the defense, I’m not going to blow my son up like most dads do I’ll let him show it himself but he should be able to help out

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            And another transfer, from Monterrey. More to come

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Will any of these transfers make a difference come playoff time? Third round (if reached)? Probably not.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X