2019 Edcouch Elsa Yellow Jackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Edcouch Elsa Yellow Jackets

2019 will be a year of Soul Searching for La Maquina. After 2 down year something that E-E had not seen in the last 20 years. This years Jackets have really got to show if they had a hiccup the last 2 years or of thing to come for E-E. The EE ISD School Board really have made a mess of a once proud program. But only time will tell if E-E has what it takes.
    sigpicCowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

What do you guys have coming back? Its been quiet that way.

Good Luck to you guys...

Comment

no kidding - but it happens to every program LMKA- yall will be alright
      those who serve the best .....profit the most-

Comment

Honestly really don't. Know what we've got coming back. But this group of Sr. had a really good squad from 7th to their Freshman years. They won 3 district titles and if I'm mistaken went undefeated all 3 years. That's why last year was a Shell Shock to the Jacket faithful.

Comment

Until you all can get out of your own way (school board) Ee will remain in a downward spiral.

Comment

Originally posted by NOdaddyBALL View Post
            Until you all can get out of your own way (school board) Ee will remain in a downward spiral.
            I concur.

Comment

Yep we have know that for awhile. When Solis was the AD HC at E-E thru 2003 -2008 he won 6 straight DC and made several trips to the 3rd round of the playoff. Had 2 of those teams ranked in the top ten in state. Plus for 6 straight year did lose a single district game and had 4 teams that went undefeated in 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2008 in that span. Well he was going to get fired because some if the board members claim and I quote " Any coach could do it here at Edcouch Elsa. As we can see the mess that the created because they also said that we want to go further that the 3rd round and Solis can't get us passed it.

Comment

Originally posted by lmka View Post
                Yep we have know that for awhile. When Solis was the AD HC at E-E thru 2003 -2008 he won 6 straight DC and made several trips to the 3rd round of the playoff. Had 2 of those teams ranked in the top ten in state. Plus for 6 straight year did lose a single district game and had 4 teams that went undefeated in 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2008 in that span. Well he was going to get fired because some if the board members claim and I quote " Any coach could do it here at Edcouch Elsa. As we can see the mess that the created because they also said that we want to go further that the 3rd round and Solis can't get us passed it.
                Did Navarro hire Martin Marichalar back as DC?? If he did that will be a step in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaniz View Post

Did Navarro hire Martin Marichalar back as DC?? If he did that will be a step in the right direction.
                  Yes he did. They brought him back right after Chavez got fired.

Comment

Yes he did. They brought him back right after Chavez got fired.
                    Then the defense will be fine. The offense on the other hand will be a question mark in my opinion. I think it'll have to be about getting back to basics. Run the ball, protect the football, keep the chains moving, score. Easy as 1-2-3. lol. Hey, hey...I don't claim to be a math whiz ok.

I do believe that the talent and tradition is still there in EE. Re-establishing discipline and work ethic will be factors to getting back to winning ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaniz View Post

Then the defense will be fine. The offense on the other hand will be a question mark in my opinion. I think it'll have to be about getting back to basics. Run the ball, protect the football, keep the chains moving, score. Easy as 1-2-3. lol. Hey, hey...I don't claim to be a math whiz ok.

I do believe that the talent and tradition is still there in EE. Re-establishing discipline and work ethic will be factors to getting back to winning ways.
                      Yeah. As of what I heard they are going back to. Coach Solis offense The Slot-T. This is what brought Solis all those DC and Playoff wins.

Comment

Your kids play hard. Want them to get passed the 3rd round? Hire a legit strength and conditioning coach. That's the main thing I see lacking when I see Valley teams in 7on 7. Your players look like they don't take the weight room serious enough. Alice brought a legit strength and conditioning coach with Atwood 2 years ago and its starting to show. Kids walking around with abs and muscles popping out everywhere. Strength and speed is what's needed to keep up with the regional powers not prayers and a "this is our year" mentality that has kids thinking all you need is heart to win on Friday. Heart matters in the off-season and weight room but on gameday its not about heart its about talent.
                        Last edited by Cochino's Revenge; 06-27-2019, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Cochino you do know La Maquina has won back to back. State Powerlifting Championship. The problem with E-E has always been the School Board no letting the Coaching Staff do their job.

Comment

Cochino you do know La Maquina has won back to back. State Powerlifting Championship. The problem with E-E has always been the School Board no letting the Coaching Staff do their job.
                            Power lifting is a completely different sport. What football players are winning state titles in power lifting? I'm not talking crap. I'm just saying what I see when I see Valley kids in 7 on 7. Mostly very small kids with no muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post

Power lifting is a completely different sport. What football players are winning state titles in power lifting? I'm not talking crap. I'm just saying what I see when I see Valley kids in 7 on 7. Mostly very small kids with no muscles.
                              7 on 7 is mostly built for speed. You won't see many 240 lb player running route or trying to cover a speedy receiver.

Comment

Working...
                              X