Head coach goes after 15 year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head coach goes after 15 year old

Has anybody ever seen a head coach go after a 15 year old on the school social media account? Mission vets Twitter account went after mission high freshmen qb after interview responding to trash talk between the two programs after state 7 on 7 mission win eliminating mission vets. Have we come down to this?
    Last edited by NOdaddyBALL; 07-04-2019, 04:40 AM.

So what happen
    sigpicCowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NOdaddyBALL View Post
      Has anybody ever seen a head coach go after a 15 year old on the school social media account? Mission vets Twitter account went after mission high freshmen qb after interview responding to trash talk between the two programs after state 7 on 7 mission win eliminating mission vets. Have we come down to this?
      I dunno, maybe parents should teach kids better manners so they know better than to run their mouths during interviews? Just a thought...

Comment

Awww does wittle trouble need attention again?

Comment

Awww does wittle trouble need attention again?
          Judging by your reaction, it can be assumed it’s your kid... Great parenting... lol

Comment

Both are in the wrong, but more on the adult.

Comment

Trouble you bore me. We shall cross paths soon enough. Actually we have mutual friends feel free to get my number anytime you wish. I would love to have a man to man conversation with you.

Comment

Cardinal 85 I completely agree. What was said in the interview was "they always have something to say about us.. we put it to them today. If they haven't learned by now they will in the season." After that a tweet was made by coach. Coach was directly contacted and two adults handled the situation. Coach apologized and saw the wrong in the situation. Athlete directly spoke to coach and discussed his frustration at the time and expressed that he was was advised the wrong in the situation and how to handle media correctly. Tweets were deleted. Young athletes will make mistakes and have to learn from them. Coaches shouldn't make those mistakes but it's how it's s handled after that earned my respect.
                Last edited by NOdaddyBALL; 07-14-2019, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Cardinal 85 I completely agree. What was said in the interview was "they always have something to say about us.. we put it to them today. If they haven't learned by now they will in the season." After that a tweet was made by coach. Coach was directly contacted and two adults handled the situation. Coach apologized and saw the wrong in the situation. Athlete directly spoke to coach and discussed his frustration at the time and expressed that he was was advised the wrong in the situation and how to handle media correctly. Tweets were deleted. Young athletes will make mistakes and have to learn from them. Coaches shouldn't make those mistakes but it's how it's s handled after that earned my respect.
                  Sounds like everything was handled in a good manner. People make mistakes, especially in regards to HS football.

Comment

Trouble you bore me. We shall cross paths soon enough. Actually we have mutual friends feel free to get my number anytime you wish. I would love to have a man to man conversation with you.
                    Any time, and yes we do... I’d rather have that conversation in person...

Comment

Originally posted by RGVTrouble View Post

Any time, and yes we do... I’d rather have that conversation in person...
                      Not worth it bro. Not even a meet would be good. I'd steer clear. Especially in this environment for us where the public is constantly looking for us to screw up.
                      Originally Posted by newbler
                      Do i flame? You betcha

Comment

Originally posted by Lar Card View Post

Not worth it bro. Not even a meet would be good. I'd steer clear. Especially in this environment for us where the public is constantly looking for us to screw up.
                        Sad stuff, but you guys are doing a great job.

Comment

What did the score say after that game? That's all that really needed to be said. I can understand the young fella getting frustrated, but the coach should not have responded. The coach could've called Detmer and said something about it to him.

Besides, it was a 7 ON 7 game. Sheesh.

Comment

It's getting dicy in here. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaniz View Post

What did the score say after that game? That's all that really needed to be said. I can understand the young fella getting frustrated, but the coach should not have responded. The coach could've called Detmer and said something about it to him.

Besides, it was a 7 ON 7 game. Sheesh.
                              Agree with you on all points. After the fact lesson was learned and athlete handled it properly. Can't rewrite history but you can most definitely correct mistakes for the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X