No announcement yet.

Dave Campbell’s Texas Magazine Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The district championship in 16-5A, div. 2, will go through either Sharyland, Pioneer, or Mercedes. Sharyland is Sharyland and Pioneer will have some talented players returning but don't overlook the Tigers. The JV won district last year and has the EE transfers which will add depth to the running back position and also receiver. Jared de los Santos could end up being not only one of the best backs in the district but also in the valley. The key will be the offensive line. Another great addition is Paul Reyes as the new offensive coordinator which will strike fear in opponent's defenses. Defense will also be key to success. Can't hardly wait for the start of the season! Of course, Go Tigers!

Comment

Originally posted by tigerfan1950 View Post
      The district championship in 16-5A, div. 2, will go through either Sharyland, Pioneer, or Mercedes. Sharyland is Sharyland and Pioneer will have some talented players returning but don't overlook the Tigers. The JV won district last year and has the EE transfers which will add depth to the running back position and also receiver. Jared de los Santos could end up being not only one of the best backs in the district but also in the valley. The key will be the offensive line. Another great addition is Paul Reyes as the new offensive coordinator which will strike fear in opponent's defenses. Defense will also be key to success. Can't hardly wait for the start of the season! Of course, Go Tigers!
      1950 Do you honestly think the Tigers are going be in the mix this year. Last year really wasn't an impressive year for the Tigers. You all got blown out 6 of your 5-6 record last year. I honestly believe that it will be Pioneer and Sharyland going 1-2 next year with the rest of our district fighting for the 3rd and 4th spot. Now how many times that a JV wins A DC win the DC the next year on Varsity. Last year our Freshmen an JV finish 19-1 combine. Will this lead to a DC for The Jackets Football Team? I've never put to much stock on what a JV did the previous year because most of tge best Sophomore and Jr's are on the Varsity team. If Jarod was on last years Mercedes Varsity and not the JV do you honestly believe the Tigers would have gone 10-0. Last year on the Jacket team the had The QB Rojas.and RB-LB Cavasos playing on the Varsity level. Could this 2 players made a difference in our JV coming out 9-1 and finishing second to Mercedes. Like I said I really do pay much attention to what the JV does.
      Last edited by lmka; 07-21-2019, 06:28 AM.
      sigpicCowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lmka View Post

1950 Do you honestly think the Tigers are going be in the mix this year. Last year really wasn't an impressive year for the Tigers. You all got blown out 6 of your 5-6 record last year. I honestly believe that it will be Pioneer and Sharyland going 1-2 next year with the rest of our district fighting for the 3rd and 4th spot. Now how many times that a JV wins A DC win the DC the next year on Varsity. Last year our Freshmen an JV finish 19-1 combine. Will this lead to a DC for The Jackets Football Team? I've never put to much stock on what a JV did the previous year because most of tge best Sophomore and Jr's are on the Varsity team. If Jarod was on last years Mercedes Varsity and not the JV do you honestly believe the Tigers would have gone 10-0. Last year on the Jacket team the had The QB Rojas.and RB-LB Cavasos playing on the Varsity level. Could this 2 players made a difference in our JV coming out 9-1 and finishing second to Mercedes. Like I said I really do pay much attention to what the JV does.
        Just my HONEST opinion so we shall see said the BUMBLEBEE!

Comment

16-5A D2 runs through Shary Rd. Everyone else will be playing for 3rd place and a chance to play PLC in the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by RGVTrouble View Post
            16-5A D2 runs through Shary Rd. Everyone else will be playing for 3rd place and a chance to play PLC in the playoffs
            With Mercedes really doesn't matter what place they come in. Its always one and done.

Comment

Originally posted by Lar Card View Post
              I'm saying South will surprise people this season. Wouldn't surprise me if they make the playoffs.
              Maybe I know they have a strong SOPH class
              "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to DIE". - Inigo Montoya

Comment

Originally posted by lmka View Post

With Mercedes really doesn't matter what place they come in. Its always one and done.
                Duh? It doesn't matter? What matters is that they beat EE and make the playoffs. Beat EE? Mercedes has beaten EE 5 years in a row! Right lmka. And now my bold prediction, the Tigers will beat EE at the black hole and that will make it 6 years in a row! Facts don't lie!

Comment

Originally posted by tigerfan1950 View Post

Duh? It doesn't matter? What matters is that they beat EE and make the playoffs. Beat EE? Mercedes has beaten EE 5 years in a row! Right lmka. And now my bold prediction, the Tigers will beat EE at the black hole and that will make it 6 years in a row! Facts don't lie!
                  So they have beat EE 5 years in a row. Yet only been able to win 2 playoff games in those 5 year but against Valley teams. Wow now that's a big accomplishment. Lets see last time E-E made the playoffs was 3 years ago. And yet have the same amount of wins as Mercedes. Continue to see your Tigers thru rose colored glass 1950.

Comment

Originally posted by Lar Card View Post
                    I'm saying South will surprise people this season. Wouldn't surprise me if they make the playoffs.
                    I'll be surprised if they DON'T make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by christofire View Post
                      In 31-6A i'll take WE over Weslaco, the Panthers lost a lot including their coach.
                      Hopefully your correct, they return their star qb and other pieces on that O from last year. I think their new coach is nuts if he changes anything to the offense those kids already know. Qb is a stud.
                      We'll do what we do but they'll be tough on O
                      Last edited by East956; 07-29-2019, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by East956 View Post

Hopefully your correct, they return their star qb and other pieces on that O from last year. I think their new coach is nuts if he changes anything to the offense those kids already know. Qb is a stud.
                        We'll do what we do but they'll be tough on O
                        The Panthers will be potent on offense but their defense is what concerns me. With the way the Wildcats run their offense I think they'll be successful keeping the Panthers O off the field.

Comment

Poor Lmka
                          you are going to be in for a big surprise this season
                          My son is sophomore class this past season went undefeated Mercedes Jv. 12 and 0
                          one thing you I can promise is a Mercedes big victory over Ee. This season ...
                          Go Tigers....
                          Last edited by badboyzracing; 07-30-2019, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyzracing View Post
                            Poor Lmka
                            My son is sophomore class this past season went undefeated Mercedes Jv. 12 and 0
                            Go Tigers....
                            JV succes doesn't always transfer to Victories on the Varsity level. Why? Because most of the schools put their best Soph on the Varsity squads. So they went 12-0. Doesn't the JV only play 10 games or did your JV went on to play in the playoffs.
                            Last edited by lmka; 07-30-2019, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyzracing View Post
                              Poor Lmka
                              Go Tigers....
                              So when it comes to EE vs Mercedes, how is "big victory" defined? Just asking....

Comment

Mercedes win plus 21+
                                over ee

Comment

Working...
                                X