2019 Weslaco Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Weslaco Panthers

Almost that time practice begins August 5th I believe. Panthers are looking to have continued success from last season with most of the offense coming back but having to replace the whole defense basically. Still should be a good season under first yr head coach.

Looking into first day of practices. Great job kwes

https://youtu.be/XfG5zQNTiNA
    Last edited by Truth; 08-06-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Looking forward to a brand new season and especially excited for that offense that should be able to score some points. That defense will have to reload as there are no returning starters from last year's ballclub but usually do pretty well in finding new starters.
      first scrimmage will be next Friday at harlingen and will know a little more about that defense after that.

Comment

Purple/white scrimmage tomorrow at 10:30.

Comment

Originally posted by dwade3 View Post
          Purple/white scrimmage tomorrow at 10:30.
          How did that scrimmage go dwade?

Comment

Originally posted by Valley Night Lights View Post

How did that scrimmage go dwade?
            Good not a lot of contact allowed by the coaches due it it being our own team but the 1’s went against the 1’s & 2’s vs 2’s. Defense looked decent LB’s got good size so they aren’t as fast as yrs past. Secondary looked ok got a sophomore back there who was a freshman all American & played against the top freshman in the nation in Florida. He is gonna be counted on a lot smart kid real smooth in his movements for a dB.

Comment

Who do the Panthers scrimmage this week?

Comment

Originally posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
                Who do the Panthers scrimmage this week?
                The all-mighty lord Gomez and his angry birds.

Comment

Late to the party it seems but back at it again, 2019 Panther football season is finally here and I know I’m looking forward to it once again. I’ll try and come in and post when I can, for some reason this forum gives me some trouble when I log in from my phone.

I did attend the purple/white scrimmage and like dwade said there wasn’t much contact obviously, a lot of quick whistles but we know what we have on offense, and they will be fun to watch once again, lots of depth at WR, Knaub returning at RB and with the 31-6A offensive MVP (Cavazos) at Qb leading the way once again we should be just fine, looks like the coaching staff is sticking with the same offense Salinas came in and implemented which is smart, it obviously works, it utilizes all the talent we have, if anything just a few added packages from what I was able to notice. I mainly wanted to see what the defense looked like and we got a lot of talent out there, I saw some good size at the LB spots and on the dline, no returners but we have about 4 or so guys that have the varsity experience and we’re in the rotation mostly on the dline and Gonzalez at DB, the rest of the guys coming in from the 9-1 Jv team from a year ago eager and ready to make a name for themselves as well.

Overall I liked what I saw, offense looks ready to go, defense looked promising. We should have a better look at things this week in our scrimmage vs Harlingen. Doubt stroman plays a lot of the starters at least offensively for too long, he knows what we have and what they can do, just give them some reps and let the backups finish it off, our backup QB Rodney Garza is more than capable of filling in and running the offense. Hope to make it on Friday..

Comment

https://youtu.be/BFAQE9ffoJw

Harlingen Weslaco high scrimmage highlights

Comment

The East-SB highlights were objective.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinal85 View Post

Well good, better to be objective than a homer.

Comment

I agree the wes east sb highlights had more of both squads while the Harlingen wes high were primarily mostly panther highlights....that said it is KWES so it probably won't be objective most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth View Post

I agree the wes east sb highlights had more of both squads while the Harlingen wes high were primarily mostly panther highlights....that said it is KWES so it probably won't be objective most of the time.
                            I like what kwes does, great coverage, analysis, etc. First time I have seen a biased highlight from them...

Comment

I like what kwes does, great coverage, analysis, etc. First time I have seen a biased highlight from them...
                              Go watch more highlights lol, it is based out of weslaco you know, but eh sometimes they will just have our schools highlights sometimes they include both teams, just how it goes. Not a big deal. Kwes is awesome and is always everywhere weslaco is participating in.

Comment

Working...
                              X