X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Mercedes Tigers

Mercedes made playoffs past season ..
    Jv stacked with talent
    Son Dominick and Mercedes Jv went undefeated.
    Don't mean they will win every game in district
    but if over look them you will be in for a big surprise
    Go Tigers

1950 I agree with you we have some good talent in our 10th grade class...got some 2012 Tyfa rookies coming thru...
    will should be okay not sure who is returning what from
    Shary
    Or
    Pioneer
    practice begins on
    Monday Aug 5...
    Last edited by badboyzracing; 07-30-2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyzracing View Post
      1950 I agree with you we have some good talent in our 10th grade class...got some 2012 Tyfa rookies coming thru...
      will should be okay not sure who is returning what from
      Shary
      Or
      Pioneer
      practice begins on
      Monday Aug 5...
      Pioneer is absolutely loaded with talent, they were pretty formidable last season... Sharyland brings back and up some pretty good kids as well... Our JV went 9-1, one loss being to Mercedes.

Comment

The exciting thing to me but also the worry is the new OC

Paul Reyes is an experienced OC that should really help that side of the ball. My only worry is that I hope the kids pick up his system fast enough so that they are ready for district.

It sounds like everyone is playing for second this year because of Pioneer but it should be a good season for the Tigers after some disappointment last year.

Comment

Originally posted by eyeofthetiger View Post

Paul Reyes is an experienced OC that should really help that side of the ball. My only worry is that I hope the kids pick up his system fast enough so that they are ready for district.

It sounds like everyone is playing for second this year because of Pioneer but it should be a good season for the Tigers after some disappointment last year.
          The district runs through Shary Rd. It’ll come down to Shary and Pioneer for the top two spots.

Comment

Yes that would be our only real worry on the new offense with our new coach... think defense will be back this season for Mercedes Varsity ... hopefully we have all our Varisty guys begin to gel quickly in our non district games
            should be very interesting season if pioneer and sharyland bring back lots of talent as well. Imo I might be mistaken I strongly believe our Mercedes defense will show up this season.....we got some more talent with 9th grade coming in undefeated as well Chacon middle school. We might see a few freshmen on Varsity will see.
            Go Tigers
            Last edited by badboyzracing; 07-31-2019, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Some of those 9th graders were in qb camps all summer long .
              they were being worked out by FORMER Dallas cowboy
              QB Quincey Carter
              so they are looking to make some noise this season...

Comment

http://rgvsports.com/news/84660/defe...r-media-day-3/

Comment

2 offensive
                  6 defense
                  Starters back from Sharyland this season
                  could be a very interesting game this season...

Comment

Originally posted by RGVTrouble View Post

The district runs through Shary Rd. It’ll come down to Shary and Pioneer for the top two spots.
                    Should be interesting season
                    how many returning starters do Pioneer have...

Comment

Originally posted by eyeofthetiger View Post

Yes, Paul Reyes is a great addition to our offense since he really knows the spread offense. I believe he will be a great asset to our team and if the team learns the system well and then executes on the field like they are supposed to then we should be in great shape. Go Tigers!

Comment

Anybody attend the intra squad scrimmage this past Saturday and want to give some comments on how they looked?

Comment

They looked very good.. the Jv undefeated team was split in half some went to varsity some stayed in Jv
                          we do have like 12 seniors . Returning... defense is looking good and offense was also moving it around the field good.. we should find out. More this week we have this scrimmage this week....

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/10000139492...6552544734551/

Comment

http://valleycentral.com/sports/high...s-2019-preview

Comment

Working...
                              X