3. Progresso

Comment

Originally posted by Valley Night Lights View Post

1. Raymondville
      2. Rio Hondo/PI
      3. Progresso
      Same here

Comment

Raymondville graduated a lot and also lost their Defensive Coordinator. RH also graduated the house. Both are still strong teams even with all that they lost to graduation.

With that said, I think it's a complete toss up between PI, RH, and Ray for the Top 3.

Getting the #2 seed would be the worst, though. Assuming victory in Round 1, the most likely opponent in Round 2 is Cuero......just look at what happened to poor Rio Hondo last season.
        www.RENAMETARPONSTADIUM.com

Comment

Originally posted by cardinal85 View Post

Same here
          Changing to:

1. Ray
          2. PI
          3. RH

Comment

Changing to:

1. Ray
            2. PI
            3. RH
            I see what you did there.....cheeky.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
              Raymondville graduated a lot and also lost their Defensive Coordinator. RH also graduated the house. Both are still strong teams even with all that they lost to graduation.

With that said, I think it's a complete toss up between PI, RH, and Ray for the Top 3.

Getting the #2 seed would be the worst, though. Assuming victory in Round 1, the most likely opponent in Round 2 is Cuero......just look at what happened to poor Rio Hondo last season.
              Well, the 'Cats committed three or four turnovers offensively and Cuero capitalized. Against a state champ or any team worth their salt; you can't have that and expect to win. I'm not one to make excuses. You know that.

Ray was on it's way to the third round and Navarro beat them with ONE PLAY late in the game. Geez. Was it the 236 or 234?...I saw the Navarro fb hit the 4 hole and then bounce it outside.

PI also could have moved on.

I won't be surprised if there is a three-way tie for 1st this season.

But, here's how I'm calling it tentatively:

#1. RH
              #2. PI
              #3. Ray
              #4. Pro

Comment

I completely lost sight of what RH lost.

This year, to me, will be more of a rebuilding year for RH. They’ll be extremely solid the following two years with this year’s juniors and sophomores.

But who knows? Maybe a little experience under the FNL, and RH’s youngins will get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaniz View Post

Well, the 'Cats committed three or four turnovers offensively and Cuero capitalized. Against a state champ or any team worth their salt; you can't have that and expect to win. I'm not one to make excuses. You know that.

Ray was on it's way to the third round and Navarro beat them with ONE PLAY late in the game. Geez. Was it the 236 or 234?...I saw the Navarro fb hit the 4 hole and then bounce it outside.

PI also could have moved on.

I won't be surprised if there is a three-way tie for 1st this season.

But, here's how I'm calling it tentatively:

#1. RH
                  #2. PI
                  #3. Ray
                  #4. Pro
                  Cuero could have turned the ball over seven times to zero from RH and they still would have won.

If RH wins district that is saying a lot.

Comment

Cuero could have turned the ball over seven times to zero from RH and they still would have won.

If RH wins district that is saying a lot.
                    You're not wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaniz View Post

You're not wrong.
                      Man, I still say those Cuero folks put HGH in their kids' food. They are too damn large!

But C85 is right, Rio Hondo could have played a good game (no turnovers, no penalties) and still get their butts kicked.

IMHO, the X-Factor will be Raymondville. They also graduated a lot and lost their Defensive Coordinator, but what is coming back are athletes. It's going to depend on how they respond to losing their DC. I think offensively they'll be fine. It's the Defense that may be an issue

As for PI, they return the most and now have a full off-season under Strunk and his system. They'll definitely be much improved for sure. As for how they finish though......quien sabe. Like I said, it's going to depend on how Raymondville does. I'd put PI and RH at even footing for the moment taking into consideration how much RH lost to graduation.

Brownsville Pace @ PI tomorrow for the first Scrimmage of the season. I'm hoping for a good showing by the Tarpons this time around, as Pace pushed PI around last year at their house.
                      Last edited by Tarpons1994; 08-15-2019, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Raymondville. . lost a lot of plyers .. but still going to be the team to beat looking real good..
                        Respect them All, Fear No One !!

Comment

Kate are going to be strong. . they will score fast on any play..
                          Respect them All, Fear No One !!

Comment

Originally posted by Kats87 View Post
                            Raymondville. . lost a lot of plyers .. but still going to be the team to beat looking real good..
                            Offensively, the Kats will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                            X