• Show
Clear All

• Harlingen vs Converse Judson...Fri @ 7pm

Who's going to the game?
    20.00%
    Who's not going?
    80.00%

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District Champions
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-24-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 22-4

After tonights performance I'm saying Converse by 40 plus!
    And that's because I'm a huge Cards fan!
    Defense really needs to wake up!

Comment

Haha, don’t worry about the score...no injuries!

Comment

who's going to the game? I got money to pitch in gas and food

Comment

Party time cards style

Comment

I've said it before but this is one of those games that might hurt you more than benefit you not only physically but mentally. Hope the cards can putvup a good effort. Good luck cards.

Comment

Judson by 6 or 7 touchdowns depending on when they choose to let off the gas. Their senior dual-threat QB can really sling it around, he's been a varsity starter all 4 years (first 2 years at SA Johnson, last 2 at Judson) and they have big athletic receivers. A bad combo for the Cardinal D. Also the Cardinal screen/draw game might not work great against the speed of the Judson defense.

But keep in mind, none of that is really a huge slight on Harlingen. Judson is far and away the #1 team in SA, and a top 10 ranked team in the state (DCTF has them #11 but you get the picture)

Comment

Do u think if Harlingen is getting blown out in the first half gomez puts in backups second half vs. Judsons second squad for expirience?

Comment

Rockets by 45
                  I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth View Post
                    I've said it before but this is one of those games that might hurt you more than benefit you not only physically but mentally. Hope the cards can putvup a good effort. Good luck cards.
                    Follow up question for card fans, do u think facing a valley squad and getting a good solid win with less jeapordy for injuries and entering district would of been a better pathway or you guys happy with facing judson next week with most predictions being a drubbing by the rockets

Comment

Rain 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by cardinal85 View Post
                        Rain 2.0
                        Where will the game be held 85

Comment

Where will the game be held 85
                          Away...CJ’s stadium.

Comment

Follow up question for card fans, do u think facing a valley squad and getting a good solid win with less jeapordy for injuries and entering district would of been a better pathway or you guys happy with facing judson next week with most predictions being a drubbing by the rockets
                            Valley teams won't ever get better by just always playing other valley teams. The 2011 Harlingen squad absolutely benefited from playing/beating Abilene (who also made the state quarterfinals that year). Hanna beat Amarillo Tascosa last year (who I believe made the state semis, or quarters at least), and was a point away from the 4th round. Like anything else in life, if you ever want to improve you have to get out of your comfort zone. So I like the idea, it just happens that this year the Cards are a terrible matchup against a team like the Rockets.

Comment

The main reason for these games is to expose weaknesses that "used to not" be exposed when Harlingen was top dog in RGV and when we'd face RGV competition. Competing with the likes of Judson, Abilene, Reagan, SA Johnson allows the coaching staff to make adjustments after a loss. There isn't anything to benefit from blowing out competition. Thing is Harlingen isn't where we want to be and the only thing we can hope for now is to come out of the game injury free and preferably w/ well representation of 956. A blowout is nothing new when facing "top 10 in state" competition so I wouldn't expect that to faze the team.
                              Last edited by BRWC; 09-05-2019, 10:11 PM.

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
                              12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
                              31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
                              38x - District Champions
                              40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-24-5
                              Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 22-4

Comment

Working...
                              X