Weslaco vs Psja N. @Bobby Lackey Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weslaco vs Psja N. @Bobby Lackey Stadium

Raiders come in 2-0 with wins over Psja Memorial and Har S. Panthers are 1-1 with a win over Ee and a 3 pt loss to Rowe. This game was a good one last season, think we were able to pull away till the 2nd half. Panthers Offense have scored 86 points in the last 2 games, could be the toughest test for the raiders defense yet, which I hear is a strength of they’res and unfortunately our defense has been tested every game so far because of the youth and inexperience on that side of the ball for us and they will be tested once again by a pretty solid raider offense who bring back quite a bit from last season including their Qb Rangel. Another shootout this week for the Panthers? Possibly.. I know I have a few more grey hairs just from the last 2 games. Thoughts on this one?
    Weslaco
    57.14%
    Raiders
    42.86%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 09-09-2019, 08:59 AM.

Another tough game coming up for our panthers, especially for our defense. We’ll see if there’s been any improvements in particular on that side of the ball.

Comment

I know not many psja n posters but does psja n have a good core coming back from last year? Wes highs defense played a pivotal role last year in the win vs. The raiders....I think cavasos and knaub and the rest of the offense will do its thing hoping the d can hold up against these raiders. The raider offense is averaging close to 40 points a game in its first 2 outings. Could be a shootout kind of year for the panthers. Defiantly good comp to grow a defense with no returning starters before district play.

Comment

Raiders

Comment

We got a preview of what our D can have the potential to do. Last week the last couple of stops by our D were impressive, they seemed to have gotten it together. I'm hoping we'll be able to see that type of execution more and more. If we can manage a few stops on D, our offense will pull this one out. I would still like to see a bit more passing to open things up. Lets go Weslaco!
          Last edited by 1Weslaco; 09-10-2019, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Weslaco View Post
            We got a preview of what our D can have the potential to do. Last week the last couple of stops by our D were impressive, they seemed to have gotten it together. I'm hoping we'll be able to see that type of execution more and more. If we can manage a few stops on D, our offense will pull this one out. I would still like to see a bit more passing to open things up. Lets go Weslaco!
            Agreed I mentioned that in the Wes/Ee thread that our D made those key stops when we really needed them and hoped that would carry over into this game and moving forward, and I also agree with us mixing it up a little more with the passing game but I also felt Stroman stuck with the running game vs Ee because they we’re having a hard time slowing it down, Knaub, Hernandez and cavazos we’re running at will there in the 2nd half. Think he just stuck with it but vs North I feel we will need to be more balanced get our receivers more involved in the game, give them more opportunities for them to go make a play. Would love to see us utilize our TE Berrones more, kids got good size and last yr he caught almost everything thrown his way mostly in the endzone. Will see how it goes..
            Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 09-10-2019, 11:09 PM.

Comment

I think I saw them using different kids on defense against EE in the 2nd half remember not only are we working in 11 new starters but 2 of our new starting LB’s were lost for the season in the Harlingen scrimmage so the coaches are still finding the right guys to replace those 2 Lb’s. Think I saw them using #8 a little the 2nd half more speed & taller guy. Our LB’s before looked slow & were making bad reads. Going thru the wrong gaps leading to big runs by EE.

Comment

Great win!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Defense looked better but from my understanding psja north was without their starting qb so who knows how the game woulda went.

Comment

Backup QB or not that was a tremendous effort by our defense , they still had their starting RBs out there who had been tearing it up on the ground for them their last couple games, and that backup qb could the throw the ball for them pretty well too, idk what adjustments we’re made after the raiders scored on their first possession but we pretty much shut it all down after that, game like that can go a long way for our D, which they badly needed. Burket #8 which is listed as a WR for us has come in to help out on defense and he has made a big impact even going back to last week. Their QB also don’t play defense for them, and we wore them down in the 2nd half and finally got things going offensively. Props to the raiders they really held Cavazos in check most of the night, their game plan was to not let him beat them, but good thing we got other playmakers on O to move the ball, great running by Knaub got us going. Will definitely take the W, good job by the D tonight.

Comment

Credit to the raider defense in the 1st half, we were inside the 20 on at least 3 possessions but they forced the 4 and out, those are points we left off the board and we need to work on doing a better job of finishing those drives, because there will be more tough games ahead.

Comment

Good win for the panthers. Regardless of raiders qb big confident boost for the d tonight. Next up a pretty solid harl. South squad. Improving towards district

Comment

Working...
                        X