Weslaco East @ Hanna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weslaco East @ Hanna

I got to admit I'm happy hanna has gotten brownsville out of the bye...mentality for valley teams. They've really turned that program around. The wildcats are coming off setback loss to alexander. Hanns balance attack should give the wildcats young d some problems not to mention facing the possible mvp in the valley in hannas qb. if their is anything to say about the wildcats struggles is against a mobile qb and it's been like this for some time. Hoping the wildcats can put a good fight but I think hanna takes this one as they did last year. Well find out this friday.

I would never take a Weslaco East team lightly. Hanna needs a dubya on the win column and East would like to win after losing last week. Hanna needs to work on the receiver route running. We had many route mistakes that led to an INT. Campos would throw where the receivers would be but nada. The pass would be thrown to no one and you know it is the receivers when every coach and player looks their way. The Hanna defense is growing and seems to be getting better but if Hanna is to continue being on an elite level, the next step must be taken. I will take Hanna on another down to the wire type games.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth View Post
      I got to admit I'm happy hanna has gotten brownsville out of the bye...mentality for valley teams. They've really turned that program around. The wildcats are coming off setback loss to alexander. Hanns balance attack should give the wildcats young d some problems not to mention facing the possible mvp in the valley in hannas qb. if their is anything to say about the wildcats struggles is against a mobile qb and it's been like this for some time. Hoping the wildcats can put a good fight but I think hanna takes this one as they did last year. Well find out this friday.
      That qb is dam good. He did what he did last year to us and that defense is gone. Maybe we can slow em down and dominate time of possession limiting his touches. It seems thats the formula for just about all our games over the years and I'm good with it. Its whats made us a strong consistent program the last 14 years straight.

It looks like Gio and Russel got some touches in the same game last week and I see the offense mixing up the carries with all 4-5 backs including Ramsey at last. Ramsey will be Ramsey at the qb spot and our fb to pound those short yardage situations. Our defense has to prevent the big play from Campos arm. Ramsey is also playing his free safety position so I could see him with a interception soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BFC View Post
        I would never take a Weslaco East team lightly. Hanna needs a dubya on the win column and East would like to win after losing last week. Hanna needs to work on the receiver route running. We had many route mistakes that led to an INT. Campos would throw where the receivers would be but nada. The pass would be thrown to no one and you know it is the receivers when every coach and player looks their way. The Hanna defense is growing and seems to be getting better but if Hanna is to continue being on an elite level, the next step must be taken. I will take Hanna on another down to the wire type games.
        Hanna definitelys been tough past couple years and this years no different as long as that qb is there. The kid seems to tip toe back there but can never be brought down easily and usually never by one defender. Cant wait for this one it should be great and you guys gave vela everything they could handle. IF, IF we can tire out the hanna defense late I think we can take it. Campos can score quick and we need to limit that.

Comment

Kwes streaming Hanna Eagles vs. Weslaco east wildcats tomorrow at 7.

https://youtu.be/37fntN9NfZc

Comment

Nice. Wish all hs games were and on friday also

Comment

Game Day. Lets see if we can do enough to somewhat contain hanna stud qb and pound the rock to wear em out late keeping them off the field

Comment

Thanks for the link this should be a great game tonight

Comment

This game will be a tough win for either team. Looks like one will punch and the other will respond and vice versa type game.

Comment

Game time

Comment

I really like the East players and program especially their head coach I think he's a really great coach but I have to go with 32 6A on this one let's see what Hanna can do

Comment

Campos looks like a college qb playing high school football. Fun player to watch.good game thus far 14-13 hanna

Comment

Yep I would have to agree he's a pretty good player that Campos. Good game so far looking forward to the second half

Comment

Well this was a good game. Could have gone either way that final field goal attempt was ugly though. Now these Wildcats are going to be all pissed off looking to take it out on my Cardinals this coming week. Looking forward to that game. Looks like the Wildcats got some good size up front this year should be interesting. Somebody start the Harlingen Wildcat thread already

Comment

Good game but sloppy as far as penalties go. Both teams were penalized quite a few times which is very unexpected from an East squad. Their offense is predicated on not getting penalized in the past. With a run only offense a penalty goes a long way since wildcats would have to pick them back up on the ground. Campos is as advertised. Wildcat d I think did pretty well with only 2 returning starters agains a talented Hanna squad. Maybe these guys meet up again in the playoffs. Missed extra points hurt the wildcats as well. Hopefully the o can clean up its act when it comes to penalties come district. On to harlingen

Comment

Working...
                              X