Alice Coyotes 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alice Coyotes 2019

For those that don't know I was recently screwed out of a job by Alice I.S.D. A job I myself convinced them to create after doing it for free for 2 years on my own to get some experience and really for love of the program. I convinced them to create a videographer position for the athletic department among other things and they gave it to a "friend of a friend" type situation. Typical Alice I.S.D. I'm not here to rant I just wanted to explain that I no longer see things through rose colored glasses for Alice. Ill always love the team but the school district's leadership is garbage. Having said that... Alice is loaded this season. Don't let the Alexander and Kingsville scores fool you. Alice was up on Alexander 38-9 in the 4th before calling off the dogs and up on Kingsville 32-0 at the half before calling off the dogs. Ill go as far as to say Alice is the most talented 5A team in the region and a threat to get to round 5 if they can get over the Calallen obstacle.
    Last edited by Cochino's Revenge; 09-10-2019, 09:06 AM.

Originally posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post
    For those that don't know I was recently screwed out of a job by Alice I.S.D. A job I myself convinced them to create after doing it for free for 2 years on my own to get some experience and really for love of the program. I convinced them to create a videographer position for the athletic department among other things and they gave it to a "friend of a friend" type situation. Typical Alice I.S.D. I'm not here to rant I just wanted to explain that I no longer see things through rose colored glasses for Alice. Ill always love the team but the school district's leadership is garbage. Having said that... Alice is loaded this season. Don't let the Alexander and Kingsville scores fool you. Alice was up on Alexander 38-9 in the 4th before calling off the dogs and up on Kingsville 32-0 at the half before calling off the dogs. Ill go as far as to say Alice is the most talented 5A team in the region and a threat to get to round 5 if they can get over the Calallen obstacle.
    Not the first time you've been so high up on Alice. What's different this season?
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Comment

I wonder what if Sharyland ISD comes calling where you would stand?

Comment

There several schools that are beginning in the development of a program like this. Just send out a sample of your work out to different ISD. But you have to be willing to move out of your area.
        Last edited by lmka; 09-11-2019, 03:46 AM.
        sigpicCowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Comment

The fact that Alexander beat Weslaco East is enough for me to say they’re no joke...

Comment

Originally posted by RGVTrouble View Post

The fact that Alexander beat Weslaco East is enough for me to say they’re no joke...
            Yeah that Manor team that Weslaco East beat is legit. They don't put up great records because of the district they are in but they are loaded with talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Lar Card View Post

Not the first time you've been so high up on Alice. What's different this season?
              That's why I first went on my rant about AISD so you'd know I wasn't just speaking out of my *** about how talented Alice is this year. They returned 9 on offense and moved the twin that was on defense to offense now and that makes them even more potent. The Moore twins have been going to state in track since their sophomore season and so has our RB. So we have like 4 deep threats on offense, and one isn't even a starter he's just a sophomore. Our QB threw for over 2k last year and is already on pace to pass for 3800 (only a 2 game sample but still). The sophomore group that already has kids on varsity is part of a group that only lost 1 game in 3 years. They are a super talented group to already have some of them on varsity to add depth makes Alice even better. Alice spent all off-season and summer fixing the mental issues and infighting that caused last seasons collapse. This group is really close on top of also being very talented.
              Last edited by Cochino's Revenge; 09-11-2019, 08:30 AM.

Comment

That's why I first went on my rant about AISD so you'd know I wasn't just speaking out of my *** about how talented Alice is this year. They returned 9 on offense and moved the twin that was on defense to offense now and that makes them even more potent. The Moore twins have been going to state in track since their sophomore season and so has our RB. So we have like 4 deep threats on offense, and one isn't even a starter he's just a sophomore. Our QB threw for over 2k last year and is already on pace to pass for 3800 (only a 2 game sample but still). The sophomore group that already has kids on varsity is part of a group that only lost 1 game in 3 years. They are a super talented group to already have some of them on varsity to add depth makes Alice even better. Alice spent all off-season and summer fixing the mental issues and infighting that caused last seasons collapse. This group is really close on top of also being very talented.
                I see.

On a different note. I took my son to an FBU tryout in Corpus this summer and spoke to some parents who live in the area. One in particular who son was trying out for QB. His oldest son will be a junior at CalAllen this year. The reason I bring it up is because they "were" from Alice.
                Last edited by Lar Card; 09-11-2019, 02:29 PM.
                Originally Posted by newbler
                Do i flame? You betcha

Comment

I see.

On a different note. I took my son to an FBU tryout in Corpus this summer and spoke to some parents who live in the area. One in particular who son was trying out for QB. His oldest son will be a junior at CalAllen this year. The reason I bring it up is because they "were" from Alice.
                  Sounds like the QB that transferred out of Alice a couple of yr's. ago,probably saw the writing on the wall,he was not going to be the starter at QB for Alice last yr. or this yr. with Aguilar there or even next yr. with Guzman probably the QB.Coyotes were very talented last season,what they lacked was an experienced HC .Attwood was very laxed in his discipline and in developing leadership skills in his players.His only HC experience was for 2 seasons at a very small High School.A very strong senior class in his 1st yr.in Alice(2017) was what contributed to the Coyotes going 3 rds. deep & playing football in Dec.He did not have a strong Senior class last yr.,that and poor team discipline caused players to quit playing hard( basically gave up).Not saying Attwood is not going to be a very good HC,in fact,it would not surprise if other School Districts come calling after this season.If those issues were addressed during the off season by the Coaching Staff,then,the Coyotes ,if they stay healthy,will be a team to be dealt with.

Comment

I hope Alice donkey stomps Calallen.
                    sigpic

Comment

I see.

The oldest is a sophomore now not a junior. His son was the QB of that strong sophomore class I spoke of.
                      Last edited by Cochino's Revenge; 09-12-2019, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pride of south texas View Post

Sounds like the QB that transferred out of Alice a couple of yr's. ago,probably saw the writing on the wall,he was not going to be the starter at QB for Alice last yr. or this yr. with Aguilar there or even next yr. with Guzman probably the QB.Coyotes were very talented last season,what they lacked was an experienced HC .Attwood was very laxed in his discipline and in developing leadership skills in his players.His only HC experience was for 2 seasons at a very small High School.A very strong senior class in his 1st yr.in Alice(2017) was what contributed to the Coyotes going 3 rds. deep & playing football in Dec.He did not have a strong Senior class last yr.,that and poor team discipline caused players to quit playing hard( basically gave up).Not saying Attwood is not going to be a very good HC,in fact,it would not surprise if other School Districts come calling after this season.If those issues were addressed during the off season by the Coaching Staff,then,the Coyotes ,if they stay healthy,will be a team to be dealt with.
                        It wasn't a couple off years ago it was last season.
                        Last edited by Cochino's Revenge; 09-12-2019, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pride of south texas View Post

He was already a finalist for the Abilene job a few months ago. On the Coastal Bend forum someone that claims to be his ex roommate says Atwood turned down the job but I'm not buying that. They always claim they turned down the job after they don't get it. Point is Alice could be looking for a new coach after this season already because with the success they will definitely have even more job opportunities will open up for Atwood.

Comment

Working...
                          X