Hanna @ Sharyland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanna @ Sharyland

The Hanna Golden Eagles are coming off their 1st win of the season after narrowly escaping a tough Weslaco East team. Hanna has played some of the toughest competition in the RGV this season taking Vela and Memorial down to the wire, they should have beaten Vela but a missed FG cost them. Sharyland is coming off of a big redemption win over the La Joya Coyotes in which the Rattlers dominated on all phases of the game. All the difference seems to be Sharylands change at QB. Sharyland QB Robert Mancha is a throwback to Sharyland’s typical dual threat QB and I look for him to keep the Rattler Offense humming. Hanna should be favored, but I’m hoping Sharyland can pull the upset.

Dang! You should have been a sports writer.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rattlerbacker View Post
      Two college degrees later, the only writing I do is on a public message board... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rattlerbacker View Post
        On point here. This write up sets it up nicely.

Comment

I am not saying Pace QB Banda killed the Shary d but they will need to do better vs Campos to get him out of his comfort zone. Campos does have a couple of weaknesses that Shary could expose to steal the game. Hope for an awesome game once again as all 3 hanna games have been decided by 2pts or less.

Comment

Anyone has noticed that Hanna's O is scoring less and less . Have they had any injuries on that side since they first started ? As far as this match is concern I believe it will be the 1st game the Eagles win wiithout a struggle.

Comment

Did Shary all of a sudden grow a defense or was the 0 vs La Joya a fluke? They will need a D against Hanna.

Comment

I have Hanna winning this one

Comment

Stop Campos and you likely win. Thing is, no one really stops him. Shary will have to contain him and hope their offense gets enough points in to take the dub.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinal85 View Post
                    Stop Campos and you likely win. Thing is, no one really stops him. Shary will have to contain him and hope their offense gets enough points in to take the dub.
                    Exactly they have no real threat in the backfield, ends need to not bite when Campos starts scrambling they need to contain him in the pocket and secondary needs to stay with their receivers so when Campos throws those wild passes.

Comment

Originally posted by EP2RGV View Post

Exactly they have no real threat in the backfield, ends need to not bite when Campos starts scrambling they need to contain him in the pocket and secondary needs to stay with their receivers so when Campos throws those wild passes.
                      Spot on about the ends playing contain. Campos readily makes those attacking ends and even blitzing LB’s look silly with his little side step/spin move. If the secondary, like you said, stays with their assignments, stops will take place.

Comment

The big difference this Friday was the QB play, little Robbie Mancha was reminiscent of Lance Madden, Card85 I urge you to watch the game of Rio Sports Live and tell me what you see from the QB... I’m not saying Shary can or will win, but Shary can finally move the ball which will keep the Defense off the field and from getting absolutely gassed the way they did vs Memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangpride View Post
                          Anyone has noticed that Hanna's O is scoring less and less . Have they had any injuries on that side since they first started ? As far as this match is concern I believe it will be the 1st game the Eagles win wiithout a struggle.
                          No injuries to key players. Campos only played 2 1/2 qtrs. this past game (coaches decision). Have to give Weslaco East credit for limiting the amount of Hanna possessions. This factored in the amount of points scored.

Comment

Originally posted by EP2RGV View Post

The problem with High School pass rushers is the excitement to score a sack. Getting Campos out of the pocket plays to his strength so everyone mentioning playing contain is a must is right on point. This season Campos seems to have improved on the erratic passing. I have noticed a trend that some WR have failed to run proper routes and Campos throws to spots where WR should be and looks like a silly throw falling on an empty space. As for backfield threat not easy to replace Mancias but I wouldn't call Mendoza not a real threat. Granted he is a WR but he gets various carries and gets positive yards. If a team thinks that stopping Campos is it will be in to know that this team does have other solid players. Yes it will reduce the amount of effectiveness as an offense but it can still be a solid O. For those that see video see the drive where Hanna scored without any Campos touches with Mendoza at QB. Those type of drives are telling that Hanna is not just Campos.

Comment

Campos is the man. When he scrambles on those passing plays is when hes the most dangerous. Just saw em play and without him hanna just aint the same on O. I lost count how many times our pass rush had him dead to rights and he being taller n stronger gets away. Idk about sharys run defense but hanna was unable to run vs us. We made them one dimensional and mancias from last year was a beast that is greatly missed.

Once away he isnt bolting to run, he is still looking downfield for the big play. Hanna is a tough out and the defense shows up. Maybe a more balanced O like sharys will be more effective than our pounding the rock from start to finish. Should be a good one.

BFC, with all due respect its all about Campos in Hanna. Good luck to you guys your team overall is solid

Comment

Working...
                              X