BOTA Greyhounds vs Cardinals Fri 10/11 7:30pm @ Boggus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOTA Greyhounds vs Cardinals Fri 10/11 7:30pm @ Boggus

Poll: Choose who & how you predict game ends.
    Cardinals Win
    79.17%
    Greyhounds Win
    8.33%
    4 Qtr Thriller
    16.67%
    Overtime Thriller
    0%
    Snoozer
    4.17%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by BRWC; 09-29-2019, 02:35 PM.

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District Champions
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-24-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 22-4

Harlingen has athletes everywhere on offense. O-line seems to be responding to new coaching. Defense has also benefited from that O-line as they are getting plenty of rest due to sustained drives. Harlingen should win.
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Comment

Originally posted by Lar Card View Post
      Harlingen has athletes everywhere on offense. O-line seems to be responding to new coaching. Defense has also benefited from that O-line as they are getting plenty of rest due to sustained drives. Harlingen should win.
      Agree with that. Unlike last year, this time Cards are fully healthy. So long as our wheels don't fall off, Cards "should" avenge last years loss.

Cards 28-24

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
      12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
      31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
      38x - District Champions
      40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-24-5
      Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 22-4

Comment

Interesting facts that’ll make the 2019 Battle of the Arroyo bigger than most. Especially in recent history.

-taking only regular season games since 2010 into consideration, the Hounds hold a 5-4 advantage. If the Hounds win, it’ll be the first time they don’t have more losses than wins in a decade since the 1960’s.

-since the turn of the century, the Hounds have had two other opportunities to win three in a row against the Mighty Cardinals. This will be the third such opportunity. Both previous opportunities ended with Harlingen coming out with the “W”. If the Hounds are able to win the 2019 edition of the BOA it’ll be the first three game winning streak against Harlingen since the 1960’s.

-for the decade, Harlingen holds a five point per game advantage over the Hounds averaging 27 PPG to San Benito’s 22. If SB is able to hold those numbers, it’ll be the first time since the 1930’s that the Hounds won’t have a double digit deficit in PPG for the decade. In fact, most decades ended with Harlingen holding a +15 or more in PPG.

This is has been a fun time for this rivalry. I for one would rather have a competitive game rather than the average Harlingen blowout. Hopefully we’re treated to a good BOA in a couple of weeks with the Cardinals coming out on top.
        Last edited by Lar Card; 10-02-2019, 09:41 AM.
        Do i flame? You betcha

Comment

Yes, the OL play has been pretty good compared to years past. The play calling vs. Midland was pretty good too. Lord Gomez was quoted saying his staff schemed their butts off...maybe they should scheme their butts off every week. Overall, it was nice to see a variety of plays and to see (maybe arrogance) Midland get burned by playing their safeties up close or going man.

Comment

Interesting facts that’ll make the 2019 Battle of the Arroyo bigger than most. Especially in recent history.

-taking only regular season games into consideration, the Hounds hold a 5-4 advantage. If the Hounds win, it’ll be the first time they don’t have more losses than wins in a decade since the 1960’s.

-since the turn of the century, the Hounds have had two other opportunities to win three in a row against the Mighty Cardinals. This will be the third such opportunity. Both previous opportunities ended with Harlingen coming out with the “W”. If the Hounds are able to win the 2019 edition of the BOA it’ll be the first three game winning streak against Harlingen since the 1960’s.

-for the decade, Harlingen holds a five point per game advantage over the Hounds averaging 27 PPG to San Benito’s 22. If SB is able to hold those numbers, it’ll be the first time since the 1930’s that the Hounds won’t have a double digit deficit in PPG for the decade. In fact, most decades ended with Harlingen holding a +15 or more in PPG.

This is has been a fun time for this rivalry. I for one would rather have a competitive game rather than the average Harlingen blowout. Hopefully we’re treated to a good BOA in a couple of weeks with the Cardinals coming out on top.
            Good stuff

Comment

I have to much respect for the SB coaching staff over there ... they’ll have there team ready for this one no doubt ... I think these yr the cards are more talented and hungry ... things that could kill Harlingen is turnovers, special teams and the zone read defense ... if we do a decent job on zone read ... we should have the upper hand this yr
              Last edited by craftysouthpaw; 09-29-2019, 05:41 PM.
              "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to DIE". - Inigo Montoya

Comment

I must say the biggest surprise for me this season has to RB r. Berry ... the kids tough tough runner ... reminiscent of the old cardinal RB ala the Robert lee Fernandez , Ruben Reyes, KC white .... the hard work is paying off
                "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to DIE". - Inigo Montoya

Comment

I only saw Harlingen play against Pioneer, but in my opinion if their QB is given the freedom to make things happen, Harlingen will win. That kid impressed me.

When I was in Navasota, I asked the coach what was the key to his success. The answer he gave me was “When you have a horse, you ride him!”
                  sigpic

Comment

I just want Harlingen to work on ball security. When these guys run they hold the football carelessly. It's gonna cost the Cards a game sooner or later.
                    "For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack." - Rudyard Kipling

Hook 'Em

Comment

Originally posted by Redbird View Post
                      I just want Harlingen to work on ball security. When these guys run they hold the football carelessly. It's gonna cost the Cards a game sooner or later.
                      I'm seeing the same thing.......the coaches must see this. I hope they are doing something about it.
                      I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Comment

So district title on the line?

Comment

Originally posted by East956 View Post
                          South is a stronger team than their record indicates. They also have a decent chance against either of these two teams.
                          Do i flame? You betcha

Comment

Originally posted by East956 View Post
                            Though it’s early, I would say yes.

Comment

South ain’t beating Harlingen high

Comment

Working...
                              X