Weslaco Vs Edinburg Vela

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weslaco Vs Edinburg Vela

Thursday night game in Edinburg, sucks it’s on a Thursday. Vela coming in off a blowout win over Economedes, Weslaco off a BYE. Weslaco also blew out the jaguars the week before to open up district play. District title implications once again in this early matchup is what I’m sure will be brought up, both teams have a lot of talent on offense. Should be another good one, last season was a defensive battle and vela was able to pull away late in the game. Guess will see how it turns out this season..
    Weslaco
    54.55%
    Vela
    45.45%

The poll is expired.

Both teams have one loss only and have won their games in opposite ways. Panthers have utilized the run for their Ws while Vela has gotten theirs thru the air. I believe the Panthers get the W on this one but it'll be the biggest fight of the year! I like more of a running type of offense and Panthers are better at that than Vela. The following stats are thru 5 games for Panthers and thru 6 games for Vela.
    Panthers. Vela
    Yds/game. 412. 404
    pass yds/game. 185. 257
    rush yds/ game. 226. 147
    pass TDs. 11. 15
    rush TDs. 16. 11

Thursday night we'll find out which is better....Vela's passing or Panthers run attack! Let's go Weslaco!

Comment

Originally posted by 1Weslaco View Post
      Both teams have one loss only and have won their games in opposite ways. Panthers have utilized the run for their Ws while Vela has gotten theirs thru the air. I believe the Panthers get the W on this one but it'll be the biggest fight of the year! I like more of a running type of offense and Panthers are better at that than Vela. The following stats are thru 5 games for Panthers and thru 6 games for Vela.
      Panthers. Vela
      Yds/game. 412. 404
      pass yds/game. 185. 257
      rush yds/ game. 226. 147
      pass TDs. 11. 15
      rush TDs. 16. 11

Thursday night we'll find out which is better....Vela's passing or Panthers run attack! Let's go Weslaco!

I agree I think our running game is gonna be a major key to this game with Peyton’s hard noise running. If he can run & control the game I like our chances.

Comment

Do not sleep on Vela's run game, this will come down to defense and special teams

Comment

Panthers. Vela
          Yds/game. 412. 404
          pass yds/game. 185. 257
          rush yds/ game. 226. 147
          pass TDs. 11. 15
          rush TDs. 16. 11

Wow I was thinking exactly the opposite. The games Ive seen has the panthers doing most of their damage through the air with cavazos arm. Iv'e seen Knaub score on lots of those little dump plays on the edge but have yet to see him control a game by rushing. Your best rb is the qb cavazos not Knaub, hes really good at short yardage since hes tough n bulky and will run you over.

I'm not a monster stat guy but those numbers to me are irrelevant at determining whos better at what. You gotta consider who the opponents were, well at least I think so anyway. As far as the running game goes they have a few tough rbs and pass just as good. One thing I didn't see you mention and what I think will be the difference is your defense that's allowing 35-40 points to everyone except the edinburgs and north. Vela is not the other edinburgs that stink. IMO I think the panthers will lose because of their defense or lack there of.

I can see scoring back n forth but cavazos can only do so much. When the panthers need a play its cavazos using his legs. The good news is that Vela IMO isn't as top notch this year as years past. I prefer a panther win so that our game could mean that much more followed by Vela in our last game of the season. Good game tomorrow.

Comment

Rushing:
            Cavazos=400 yds, 80 yds/game, 7.3 avg/carry
            Knaub=513 yds, 102 yds/game, 8.3 avg/carry
            At this point last year Cavazos was the leading rusher but this year they're utilizing Knaub more. It surprised me too when I was comparing stats but it makes sense since Knaub is getting more touches this year.

Comment

Rushing:
              Cavazos=400 yds, 80 yds/game, 7.3 avg/carry
              Knaub=513 yds, 102 yds/game, 8.3 avg/carry
              At this point last year Cavazos was the leading rusher but this year they're utilizing Knaub more. It surprised me too when I was comparing stats but it makes sense since Knaub is getting more touches this year.
              Well I hear ya. Good luck to your team tomorrow. Great game for sure coming

Comment

Originally posted by East956 View Post

Well I hear ya. Good luck to your team tomorrow. Great game for sure coming
                Thanks much appreciated!

Comment

AJ Sotelo QB - 1511 yds passing, 15 TDs, 4 INT, 258.1 yds p/g.
                  Kevin McKinney RB - 489 yds, 81.5 ydsp/g, 6.6 avg, 6 TDs

So as we can see our Sabercats are a pass heavy team which we already knew

Comment

Game day. Hope it’s a great injury free game!

Comment

Should be a great game, I’ll be at this one tonight

Comment

Originally posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
                        Should be a great game, I’ll be at this one tonight
                        Yes indeed should be a good one. I'll be at the game also, look for me I'll be wearing a purple shirt...lol. And like dwade3 said an injury free game! Almost kickoff time!!!

Comment

Will KWES be streaming the game?

Comment

Looks like most of our injured players are back for this one. We will see how it goes.

Comment

Sabercats 13
                              Panthers 17

At the half

Comment

Working...
                              X