Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realignment Nerds Unite! - Realignment 2020

Thoughts?

Any possible move ups? Move downs? Rumored teams on the move to a new classification / district?
    www.RENAMETARPONSTADIUM.com

From what I have heard is that Nikki Rowe is below the 6A numbers, Donna has 6A numbers and Weslaco East is also
    below 6A numbers
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

Comment

Would be nice to see South drop down to 5A. With almost a thousand fewer students than Harlingen High it would be a just move.
      Originally Posted by newbler
      Do i flame? You betcha

Comment

Word is that Progreso may be dropping down to 3A. They’re losing kids to Weslaco IDEA schools is what I’ve been told is happening.

That just leaves PI RH and Raymondville as the only 4A Div 2 schools in the RGV. Lyford SHOULD move up but they always manage to fall just below the cutoff. If that happens, then PI RH and Raymondville end up in a district with Coastal Bend teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
          Thoughts?

Any possible move ups? Move downs? Rumored teams on the move to a new classification / district?
          I hope 16 - 5A II loses Laredo Cigarroa..( Shary had to play a Thursday game this yr....tough for fans to make that trip).....

Comment

Originally posted by Viper95 View Post

I hope 16 - 5A II loses Laredo Cigarroa..( Shary had to play a Thursday game this yr....tough for fans to make that trip).....
            We might gain Hidalgo and La Feria
            sigpicCowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Comment

I've also been hearing South, Rowe, Donna but nothing on East. That would create 2 5A I district with the possibility of the Laredo Schools back down here again.
              sigpicCowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Comment

It's going to be interesting, that's for sure!!

Comment

Originally posted by lmka View Post

We might gain Hidalgo and La Feria
                  Hidalgo is a strong possibility. La Feria is a maybe. Perhaps it may be a good idea for both of them to move up to 5A based on something I saw from Matt Stepp on another forum. Something about Calallen and Port Lavaca Calhoun possibly dropping to 4A D1.

Comment

Originally posted by norcal95 View Post
                    From what I have heard is that Nikki Rowe is below the 6A numbers, Donna has 6A numbers and Weslaco East is also
                    below 6A numbers
                    Correct. I can only speak for my school and I can tell you that Weslaco East IS below the numbers. In the past we have seen coach Burget say we are the smallest 6A school in the valley because it is so.

Infact, we have always been a 4A school competing with 5As then morphed into a 5A competing in 6A. WISD zones South Palm to East to boost the number and I believe the guidance center as well. Even at that, it isn't cutting it anymore WITHOUT IDEA and now WITH IDEA no way.

We've done well for ourselves all these years competing with schools that have waaaaaay more students than East.

Comment

Originally posted by lmka View Post
                      I've also been hearing South, Rowe, Donna but nothing on East. That would create 2 5A I district with the possibility of the Laredo Schools back down here again.
                      We should've actually been a 5a all these years. IDEA is just making it certain now. That's what I've heard around campus. We'll see

Comment

It's gonna be interesting for sure if East starts competing vs 5A schools again in football and other sports. I've heard the chatter around campus but I can tell you we are below.

Comment

I’m curious now.

Where are all of these IDEA schools located? I know there’s Brownsville, Weslaco, Edinburg. Are there others? I ask because it seems as though these IDEA schools are starting to have an effect on schools enrollment numbers and their placement in classifications/districts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
                            I’m curious now.

Where are all of these IDEA schools located? I know there’s Brownsville, Weslaco, Edinburg. Are there others? I ask because it seems as though these IDEA schools are starting to have an effect on schools enrollment numbers and their placement in classifications/districts.
                            That is precisely what is happening. Kids are being lost to IDEA everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by East956 View Post

That is precisely what is happening. Kids are being lost to IDEA everywhere
                              No IDEA in Port Isabel. The nearest one is in Brownsville, but they won’t do that commute.

Rather, PI is losing kids to Los Fresnos, but only the ones that live in Bayview and around the golf course in Laguna Vista.

Comment

Working...
                              X