Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vela @ Weslaco East (District Championship)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vela @ Weslaco East (District Championship)

Real simple but gonna be hard as hell to accomplish. A win and we're district champion and #1 seed. If we lose it'll be a 3 way tie with vela and panthers.

Just finished putting away the panthers and IMO vela is much more dangerous offensively with a true passing team with big athletic wrs (#13, #2) and multiple athletic rbs (#27, #1) with a qb that will run if needed. Definitely harder to scheme and game plan for. Maybe we can use something from the vela panther tape. Not the sexiest matchup for our D but I know our defense will come to play.

Offensively we'll try to do what we do which is run, control the clock and limit their touches. It should be a great game and expect vela to come and try to spoil the deal and claim their share of the title. How is the run defense sabrecats?

I like our chances knowing what's at stake. Coach Burget will have them ready.

Thoughts
    Last edited by East956; 11-04-2019, 12:24 AM.

You hit all points and Vela will have to play lights out on all sides of the ball to come out with the win, loser plays Harlingen.

Let’s go Sabercats.

Comment

This should be an awesome game.

I see it pretty much one way only, low scoring game like this past Friday and east wins, a game in the 20’s or 30’s most likely Vela wins. Vela can strike in a hurry where as east thrives on those time consuming drives. East D will be the key in this game, more than any other unit for either team.

Comment

You won’t have to worry about #27 McKinney he quit a few weeks ago. It should be a good match up. I see rain in the forecast for Friday and that should definitely favor East. Vela is coming with all it has that’s for sure. I hope I can make this one.

Comment

Originally posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
          You won’t have to worry about #27 McKinney he quit a few weeks ago. It should be a good match up. I see rain in the forecast for Friday and that should definitely favor East. Vela is coming with all it has that’s for sure. I hope I can make this one.
          I never understand these kids that quit, no matter what the reason is it is a bad way to live.

Comment

Originally posted by EP2RGV View Post

I never understand these kids that quit, no matter what the reason is it is a bad way to live.
            So what happened that he quit? PT? Personal? Injury? Can't blame a kid if its something out of his control.
            Originally Posted by newbler
            Do i flame? You betcha

Comment

Originally posted by Lar Card View Post

So what happened that he quit? PT? Personal? Injury? Can't blame a kid if its something out of his control.
              I do not know but I saw it last year with Campos when he quit on the team because he was not getting his way

Comment

I have east winning this one

Comment

Originally posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
                  Make it 2 rbs out. Our starter Russel Garza will be out for the 2nd straight week. He was our bruiser

Comment

I do not know but I saw it last year with Campos when he quit on the team because he was not getting his way
                    If that's the case then it may be better for the team. I really really hope Burget uses our freshman star in this game. Not exclusively but here n there would be fine. Get him acclimated to the speed and flow of varsity ball.

I honestly thought he was gonna get some touches vs the panthers but he did not. Gio Guerra #23 was our horse along with Gonzalez #2 and Ramsey of course.

Comment

How's the defense for vela?

Comment

You hit all points and Vela will have to play lights out on all sides of the ball to come out with the win, loser plays Harlingen.

Let’s go Sabercats.
                        Harlingen is a 1 seed, doesn't the 4th seed play the 1st ? Whoever loses would be 3rd at worst no?

Comment

Originally posted by East956 View Post

Harlingen is a 1 seed, doesn't the 4th seed play the 1st ? Whoever loses would be 3rd at worst no?
                          Moving into different divisions

Comment

Moving into different divisions
                            I see. Who does the winner draw?

Comment

Originally posted by East956 View Post

I see. Who does the winner draw?
                              South or Hanna

Comment

Working...
                              X