Harlingen South @ Weslaco East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harlingen South @ Weslaco East

Both teams coming off exciting wins and riding high into the playoffs. How has south progressed this season and how is their run defense? We'll try to do what we do and play solid defense against the hawks.

I'm gonna stop wishing our freshman rb plays so that maybe he will. How bout that hawk O?

Thoughts? Lets hear it

Idk I’m kinda thinking SOUTH will play tough but eventually WE well pull away ... but don’t sleep on SOUTH they have improved
    "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to DIE". - Inigo Montoya

Comment

The thing that SOUTHs D is suspect at is secondary but WE doesn’t throw so ... idk
      "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to DIE". - Inigo Montoya

Comment

Originally posted by craftysouthpaw View Post
        Idk I’m kinda thinking SOUTH will play tough but eventually WE well pull away ... but don’t sleep on SOUTH they have improved
        I think they'll play tough as well and will come ready to go. I know Burget won't allow his team to take anyone for granted. I think south is better coached than in years past.

Comment

Got word that freshman rb Jay Vasquez will probably play vs South. Which as of late means we have no idea until it actually happens. No south peeps in here w info

Comment

Who the players to watch for at South?

Comment

South’s run defense is pretty good. Like mentioned before, their secondary was the D’s weak point but WE doesn’t pass much. Offensively South’s line is very good. Couple that with sophomore RB and their offensive production is there. What hurts South is the inability to pass. The receivers for South have gotten open all season but the QB has been unable to hit them over 90% of the time. And when I say they get open they have been open. Especially #88 who’s a big TE/WR type of player. Because South can’t pass teams tend to load the box which is what it takes to stop their running game. If South could complete at least 50% of their passes that offense would be scary.
              Originally Posted by newbler
              Do i flame? You betcha

Comment

Originally posted by East956 View Post
                Got word that freshman rb Jay Vasquez will probably play vs South. Which as of late means we have no idea until it actually happens. No south peeps in here w info
                I feel like you post about that kid every week haha. Has he ever actually played a varsity snap yet? I have no doubt he’s good but maybe the coaches don’t think he’s ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruvala View Post

I feel like you post about that kid every week haha. Has he ever actually played a varsity snap yet? I have no doubt he’s good but maybe the coaches don’t think he’s ready.
                  I have posted about him the past 3 weeks lol. He played vs economedes and did well that 2nd half and got in the endzone. I realize the edinburgs are WEAK. I think he did well for a kid being in 8th grade not to long ago.

Maybe he isn't ready as your saying or burger didn't wanna risk a fumble vs high or vela

Comment

The kid east956 is mentioning wears number 1 which is ironic as usually the playmaker at East wear that as in jc vargas and previously ciro rojas and ramsey went with numbet 5. Much like those previous east playmaker he plays both ways. Safety and rb which I wouldn't doubt towards his Jr year he's taking the snaps. Kids been playing for since pee wee. Here are some highlights. Kids got good vision and playmaker skills.

https://youtu.be/d7L46nOhM6E
                    Last edited by Truth; 11-11-2019, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Again for east being one of the smallest if not the smallest 6a in the valley it has produced some of the most electrifying players in the valley who happen to play both ways and step up when called to. The coaching staff really gets the best from what they have to work with to put a good product on the field week in and out. Got to give them props.

Comment

I know where you are going Truth and I get it (basically agree), but as you probably know, East isn’t the smallest 6A in the Valley. Though they are towards the bottom, they aren’t very far from schools like Edinburg Vela, McAllen Memorial, McAllen Rowe, McAllen, Mission, PSJA North, and PSJA. The aforementioned schools don’t even have a hundred more students.

My question is, how many kids come out for football?
                        Last edited by cardinal85; 11-10-2019, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lar Card View Post
                          South’s run defense is pretty good. Like mentioned before, their secondary was the D’s weak point but WE doesn’t pass much. Offensively South’s line is very good. Couple that with sophomore RB and their offensive production is there. What hurts South is the inability to pass. The receivers for South have gotten open all season but the QB has been unable to hit them over 90% of the time. And when I say they get open they have been open. Especially #88 who’s a big TE/WR type of player. Because South can’t pass teams tend to load the box which is what it takes to stop their running game. If South could complete at least 50% of their passes that offense would be scary.
                          Definitely not an easy game. Our game vs velas type of offense will help us in this one if they decide to air it out more. South has that sneaky ability to win games they may not have been chosen to.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth View Post
                            Again for east being one of the smallest if not the smallest 6a in the valley it has produced some of the most electrifying players in the valley who happen to play both ways and step up when called to. The coaching staff really gets the best from what they have to work with to put a good product on the field week in and out. Got to give them props.
                            I'll take Burgets word on it that we are indeed the smallest 6A in the valley period as he stated couple weeks ago. He loves to mention that. Actually a 5A to be real without WISDs help.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinal85 View Post
                              I know where you are going Truth and I get it (basically agree), but as you probably know, East isn’t the smallest 6A in the Valley. Though they are towards the bottom, they aren’t very far from schools like Edinburg Vela, McAllen Memorial, McAllen Rowe, McAllen, Mission, PSJA North, and PSJA. The aforementioned schools don’t even have a hundred more students.

My question is, how many kids come out for football?
                              Didn't christofire post the numbers a couple weeks back? I thought we were along with Burget saying so. Who is the smallest and don't the numbers get adjusted?

Comment

Working...
                              X