Los Fresnos Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Fresnos Football

Been a few years since I have been on these boards. I try keeping up with LF still, but couldn't believe the record that they have had the past 2 seasons. I always thought the school district, fan support, etc was set up for long term success. Not trying to stir anything up, just curious to what has happened, thanks

Where to start, this season Coach Brown implemented a whole new offense in the flexbone. To me the new offense made no sense and after seeing it in a few games against EE and South, it just doesn’t work. The new schedule in playing Permian and LBJ has something to do it with as well. Last year half of the team was out on injury due to Permian being Permian. LF could have done a lot this year if the offense didn’t change. LF is known for mixing it up and producing a high octane offense and this year it didn’t happen. I personally do think after two lackluster years and disappointing results that’s LF needs to go somewhere else as far as coaching. The offense started to click toward the end of the season. I am huge supporter of LF but I am disappointed in how this season turned out.
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

Comment

Originally posted by norcal95 View Post
      Where to start, this season Coach Brown implemented a whole new offense in the flexbone. To me the new offense made no sense and after seeing it in a few games against EE and South, it just doesn’t work. The new schedule in playing Permian and LBJ has something to do it with as well. Last year half of the team was out on injury due to Permian being Permian. LF could have done a lot this year if the offense didn’t change. LF is known for mixing it up and producing a high octane offense and this year it didn’t happen. I personally do think after two lackluster years and disappointing results that’s LF needs to go somewhere else as far as coaching. The offense started to click toward the end of the season. I am huge supporter of LF but I am disappointed in how this season turned out.
      Thanks for the reply. FELXBONE? At this level? Not to throw stones, but that is insanity. Flexbone offenses are best for the lower classifications for many reasons. The Bigger classifications have to many kids to run that against ( and I dont mean more that 11 on the field at a time you have kids that just play defense and more coaches that just come up with schemes to stop that offense, than you do on the lower levels. It is not a sophisticated offense, therefore big schools have the additional coaches, players and practice time to stop it.

I feel sad for my Falcon fans that they have to deal with that and on top of that having to watch that boring offense. Good luck to the coaching staff trying to run that at the 6A level. You might sneak in the playoffs every few years running that, but consistently it wont work. I guess they have also just given up ever getting out of the 3rd round also with that kind of offense.

Of course, just my humble opinions. Would love for it to work and prove me wrong.

Well, I will still root for LF from afar. Spent many good times traveling down there watching games when my buddy was the HC. Hopefully things will turn around for the great Falcon fans.
      Last edited by rock1; 11-22-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rock1 View Post

Thanks for the reply. FELXBONE? At this level? Not to throw stones, but that is insanity. Flexbone offenses are best for the lower classifications for many reasons. The Bigger classifications have to many kids to run that against ( and I dont mean more that 11 on the field at a time you have kids that just play defense and more coaches that just come up with schemes to stop that offense, than you do on the lower levels. It is not a sophisticated offense, therefore big schools have the additional coaches, players and practice time to stop it.

I feel sad for my Falcon fans that they have to deal with that and on top of that having to watch that boring offense. Good luck to the coaching staff trying to run that at the 6A level. You might sneak in the playoffs every few years running that, but consistently it wont work. I guess they have also just given up ever getting out of the 3rd round also with that kind of offense.

Of course, just my humble opinions. Would love for it to work and prove me wrong.

Well, I will still root for LF from afar. Spent many good times traveling down there watching games when my buddy was the HC. Hopefully things will turn around for the great Falcon fans.
        ANY offense can win with the right personnel and coaching.

But, Los Fresnos kids, for years, were not developed to run that kind of offense...so there is a transition phase. Which time and patience are not a Head Coach's friend within the fan base.

I think the OL will need to be the MOST IMPROVED bunch this off-season for the Flex to really work. Because the skill talent is already there in LF. We all know this.

Comment

Working...
        X