Regionals - Edinburg Vela Sabercats vs. San Antonio Brandeis Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regionals - Edinburg Vela Sabercats vs. San Antonio Brandeis Broncos

Congratulations Vela on taking on Eagle Pass and coming out victorious. On to the third round where Vela will play vs. San Antonio Brandeis. Interesting is Vela playing the same 2 opponents Hanna did last year as Hanna had the game vs Brandeis until late due to depth. Hope Vela comes out the same as Hanna did but hoping they can close the game better than Hanna did. This will be a big time challenge as QB Battles will be a big handful for Vela. Also interesting is Coach Campbell will be going against a school he formerly coached. Coach Campbell went 69 and 19 at Brandeis with three 2nd round appearances and three 4th round appearances. Here at Vela this will be his third 3rd round appearance in a row, will the valley break through? Good luck and go Sabercats. EP2RGV, here is to your son to have a chance to remove that bad taste in his mouth over last year. May the Sabercats come out victorious.

I think this is the only Valley 6A game that doesn’t have me thinking blowout. The other two games have very tough draws. This isn’t saying Brandeis will not be a challenge, they will. Ha, ultimately, I’m saying it can be close.

Comment

Originally posted by BFC View Post
      Congratulations Vela on taking on Eagle Pass and coming out victorious. On to the third round where Vela will play vs. San Antonio Brandeis. Interesting is Vela playing the same 2 opponents Hanna did last year as Hanna had the game vs Brandeis until late due to depth. Hope Vela comes out the same as Hanna did but hoping they can close the game better than Hanna did. This will be a big time challenge as QB Battles will be a big handful for Vela. Also interesting is Coach Campbell will be going against a school he formerly coached. Coach Campbell went 69 and 19 at Brandeis with three 2nd round appearances and three 4th round appearances. Here at Vela this will be his third 3rd round appearance in a row, will the valley break through? Good luck and go Sabercats. EP2RGV, here is to your son to have a chance to remove that bad taste in his mouth over last year. May the Sabercats come out victorious.
      For sure and agreed this is probably the best matchup for Vela, the positive thing is that Vela has the depth unlike Hanna did last year, we sat there and watched players being gassed on the field and the coaches did not make adjustments. What also killed Hanna was going for 2 after every TD instead of using their best kicker Payan in an indoor stadium. Not knocking down QB Jordan Battles as he is the real deal of note though he just came back from a shoulder injury yesterday. I am glad this game wont be at the Alamodome Corpus fits us better and much closer and takes away the homefield advantage.

Good luck to our Sabercats and I will be flying into town for this week I had this trip planned already! I told my son what are the odds that the same teams are lining up but now you are wearing a different uniform!

Comment

Originally posted by cardinal85 View Post
        I think this is the only Valley 6A game that doesn’t have me thinking blowout. The other two games have very tough draws. This isn’t saying Brandeis will not be a challenge, they will. Ha, ultimately, I’m saying it can be close.
        I agree like I said before it was the same prediction everyone had last year that Hanna had the best draw and it was they just could not hold on to it

Comment

Hanna had that game...unfortunate.

I might make this game. Day and time? Buc I assume?

Comment

Originally posted by cardinal85 View Post
            Hanna had that game...unfortunate.

I might make this game. Day and time? Buc I assume?
            I am trying to confirm the time and date.

Comment

I think Brandeis wins by like 3 TDs, but they’ll pull away late after Vela keeps it close most of the game. Brandeis is much improved from last year, and that battles kid is the best QB Vela has faced so far, injured or not. They also have a really good cornerback in Aiden Inesta-Rodriguez. He’s a sophomore that’s been a starter since week 1 of his freshman year, could cause problems for Vela’s passing attack. Just another year of super tough draws for the 3 valley teams. And even poor United has to play Judson.

Comment

Battle is a dang good QB but he will get rattled if Vela can get to him. Once he’s rattled he will make mistakes and will throw the ball up for grabs. Vela DB’s just have to be ready and able to go up and get it. I know it’s easier said than done but Vela will hold their own against Brandeis.
                Originally Posted by newbler
                Do i flame? You betcha

Comment

Originally posted by Lar Card View Post
                  Battle is a dang good QB but he will get rattled if Vela can get to him. Once he’s rattled he will make mistakes and will throw the ball up for grabs. Vela DB’s just have to be ready and able to go up and get it. I know it’s easier said than done but Vela will hold their own against Brandeis.
                  They don’t really pass it that much to begin with. He’s a runner first. He had 27 carries against Clemens and only 18 passes I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BFC View Post
                    Where and when is this game?

Comment

Definitely is the best draw out of the 4 schools from RGV still in it. Brandies 11-0 for a reason, tough task for our boys. Game will be in Corpus

Comment

Go vela!

Comment

Game time and location have changed it’ll be at Laredo SAC 2pm Friday. This’ll be Velas 3rd game at the SAC this year so it should have a home field advantage feeling.

Comment

Vela has to come in stout! No fumbles! No holdings! Perfect football to win!

Comment

Originally posted by underworld View Post
                              Vela has to come in stout! No fumbles! No holdings! Perfect football to win!
                              Penalties are inevitable we need to play every aspect of the game with minimal mistakes from special teams to smart coaching decisions that’s what killed Hanna last year against Brandeis going for two instead of extra points several times and not rotating players.

Comment

Working...
                              X