X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP2RGV
    replied
    Originally posted by ralphss434 View Post

It's okay we know your Victory against Harlingen is your programs biggest Victory ever,congratulations.. also those big Division 1 paperweights were not enough to get you past the barrier you are one of the reasons why they talk about Valley week up north the way they do at least we've been past that barrier
    Haha keep holding on to what happened in the 90’s sounding like Cowboys fans and I think we’re doing pretty damn good for 7 years, and that big paperweight didn’t play as he was injured and guess what he’ll play Div1 unlike your fantasy playing time at what was it U of Houston? Anyway I’m done wasting my breath on an oxygen thief like you

Leave a comment:

• ralphss434
    replied
    Anyway if anybody's interested you can catch the Westlake brandeis game if I'm correct on Westlake nation.com

Leave a comment:

• ralphss434
    replied
    Originally posted by EP2RGV View Post

Also I thought you’d go away or stay quite after Vela beating Harlingen as much as you talked about our “cheerleaders” but yet still here you are don’t worry it’ll happen next year too.
    It's okay we know your Victory against Harlingen is your programs biggest Victory ever,congratulations.. also those big Division 1 paperweights were not enough to get you past the barrier you are one of the reasons why they talk about Valley week up north the way they do at least we've been past that barrier

Leave a comment:

• ralphss434
    replied

Vela had been around for what 7 years? Hanna for ever and no Hanna hasn’t made it further than Vela has, as far as the other schools yes but why keep dwelling on history? That’s what’s wrong with the valley we need to focus on the future and what we’re doing wrong to end every year where we do. Yes we’re not genetically gifted as our opponents are up north but that shouldn’t deter our kids and administrators on adding what we’re missing to our athletic programs.
    you only say why do we dwell on History because your program has not been there. At the end of the year when all teams are out this is what we have to talk about who's been there and done that. You stated someday a Valley team will get past that barrier well guess what several Valley teams have been past that barrier yours just isn't one of them.

Leave a comment:

• BFC
    replied

Vela had been around for what 7 years? Hanna for ever and no Hanna hasn’t made it further than Vela has, as far as the other schools yes but why keep dwelling on history? That’s what’s wrong with the valley we need to focus on the future and what we’re doing wrong to end every year where we do. Yes we’re not genetically gifted as our opponents are up north but that shouldn’t deter our kids and administrators on adding what we’re missing to our athletic programs.
    Vela has played since 2012 and Hanna since 1909. Hanna did play in a State Semi Final game in 1951. Back them you win 3 games you were a State Champ.

Leave a comment:

• EP2RGV
    replied

Don't get confused with Vela not being able to get past the third round with the rest of the valley. Valley teams have had success getting past the third round including Harlingen High, Port Isabel, edcouch-elsa, even Edinburg High. I'm sure there are more maybe someone can help me out or let's make a thread and talk about our past success because at the end of the season that is all we have to show for is what we have accomplished in the past and who has been farther. heck I think someone mentioned even Hanna had been farther than Vela ever has... so how about a thread about our past trips in the playoffs and the players that made it happen and what it was like to get that far..
    Also I thought you’d go away or stay quite after Vela beating Harlingen as much as you talked about our “cheerleaders” but yet still here you are don’t worry it’ll happen next year too.

Leave a comment:

• EP2RGV
    replied

Don't get confused with Vela not being able to get past the third round with the rest of the valley. Valley teams have had success getting past the third round including Harlingen High, Port Isabel, edcouch-elsa, even Edinburg High. I'm sure there are more maybe someone can help me out or let's make a thread and talk about our past success because at the end of the season that is all we have to show for is what we have accomplished in the past and who has been farther. heck I think someone mentioned even Hanna had been farther than Vela ever has... so how about a thread about our past trips in the playoffs and the players that made it happen and what it was like to get that far..

Leave a comment:

• ralphss434
    replied

Well putting it that way Weslaco, Weslaco East got blown out also as the majority of the teams do when they play north of us with a few exceptions. The Valley is getting closer and closer to breaking that barrier with a couple teams each year giving those teams a run for their money last year it was Hanna and Mission Vets this year it was Vela and Pioneer.

Leave a comment:

• cardinal85
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarpons1994 View Post

IMO, of the 4 teams that made it to "Valley Week", Vela and Pioneer by far had the best showings which gets some respect from me.

As for the 2 Weslacos, I'll give props to Weslaco East for being able to do what they did this season despite having what is essentially 5A numbers in class 6A.

Oh, and as for comparing apples and steaks, steaks go great together with applesauce. You should try it sometime.
    Yup, nothing much to say as you know your angle is extremely poor, elementary.

Leave a comment:

• EP2RGV
    replied
    Originally posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
    For next years pre season top ten we can use a format to somewhat figure it out. Here’s what I would look for

# of Players lost/returning

# of starting players lost/returning

# of underclassmen that got playing time

2019 JV Record

2019 Freshman Record

2019 Varsity Record

Any Coaching changes?

Any transfers? lol
    I don't agree when people use freshman/jv records as they don't hold much weight on Varsity. If a player is good enough he wont be on freshman or jv they'll bump him at sometime during the season. We have seen some teams that excelled in the sub-varsity and got woken up in varsity.

Leave a comment:

• LupitoLPNL
    replied
    For next years pre season top ten we can use a format to somewhat figure it out. Here’s what I would look for

# of Players lost/returning

# of starting players lost/returning

# of underclassmen that got playing time

2019 JV Record

2019 Freshman Record

2019 Varsity Record

Any Coaching changes?

Any transfers? lol

Leave a comment:

• Tarpons1994
    replied

Well putting it that way Weslaco, Weslaco East got blown out also as the majority of the teams do when they play north of us with a few exceptions. The Valley is getting closer and closer to breaking that barrier with a couple teams each year giving those teams a run for their money last year it was Hanna and Mission Vets this year it was Vela and Pioneer.
    IMO, of the 4 teams that made it to "Valley Week", Vela and Pioneer by far had the best showings which gets some respect from me.

As for the 2 Weslacos, I'll give props to Weslaco East for being able to do what they did this season despite having what is essentially 5A numbers in class 6A.

Oh, and as for comparing apples and steaks, steaks go great together with applesauce. You should try it sometime.

Leave a comment:

• cardinal85
    replied

No, I have something against teams that get blown the hell out of the playoffs like La Feria did by Liberty Hill.
    You do realize two different teams were involved? You are comparing an apple to a steak.

Leave a comment:

• EP2RGV
    replied

No, I have something against teams that get blown the hell out of the playoffs like La Feria did by Liberty Hill.

Leave a comment:

• Tarpons1994
    replied
    Originally posted by cardinal85 View Post

You must have something against La Feria...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X