Football Injuries Well After Football's Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Injuries Well After Football's Over

Me and my Brother In law Rene Ayala who pass away 2 months ago we're talking before he died about injuries that we and a lot our ex teammates had suffered during our playing days and now many years later are starting to feel them. To me it was a dislocated right shoulder and a torn ACL on my right knee. He was telling me a high ankle sprain used to always seem to bother him before he had his accident in 95. And what brought to mine this conversation me a Rene had was this past Sunday while putting up some X-mas light on my house I fell and dislocated that same shoulder I hurt back in High School. Funny thing people ask me if I fell off the ladder. No I tell the I stupidly tripped while moving the ladder with my own feet. So this past Sunday reminded me of a lot of conversation me and Rene used to have when we used to BBQ or went fishing.
    sigpicCowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Not related to football but I feel your pain every time it gets cold I have been out of the military for over 15 years and my knees kill me along with getting a pinched nerve here and there. I tried playing a game of flag football when my family visited me in Mexico and yeah that was the worse idea ever as I jumped for a pass and landed my knees did not want to cooperate with me and damn near tore some ligaments.

Comment

I'm feeling the hits now in my late 30s. Feet, ankles, knees, and lower back are troublesome these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaniz View Post
        I'm feeling the hits now in my late 30s. Feet, ankles, knees, and lower back are troublesome these days.
        Lol. Wait until you hit your 50’s.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rattlerbacker View Post

Lol. Wait until you hit your 50’s.
          Yep. I'm 55 right now. Started feeling all those nicks when I was 44. First thing that stated feeling was my knee.
          sigpicCowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X