Bi-District Finalists
    24.00%
    Area Finalists
    20.00%
    Quarter Finalists
    8.00%
    Region Finalists
    0%
    Hire new OC & Win State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    24.00%

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District Champions
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-24-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 22-4

Believe or LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District Champions
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-24-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 22-4

Comment

They returning their starting Qb so that's a plus!

Comment

Originally posted by BRWC View Post
        Believe or LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Gomez Angel approves!

D9910F42-D600-4A0D-A7C2-CF99D940C1BF.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by cardinal85 View Post
          Gomez Angel approves!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3290[/ATTACH]
          I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Comment

Harlingen hopefully is building.

Comment

Originally posted by HHS55 View Post
              They returning their starting Qb so that's a plus!
              Yes but also returning Dumbo AKA Bubba, a lot of good that's going to do

Comment

Originally posted by ralphss434 View Post
                Yes but also returning Dumbo AKA Bubba, a lot of good that's going to do
                If their needs to be change then the head coach needs to do what’s best for the program. As far as talent top to bottom I don’t know what HHS has. Just seems like that last few years the talent pool is not what it use to be.(or maybe coaches just got lucky and didn’t have to coach) Next year I feel is make or break for the football program.

Comment

Originally posted by HHS55 View Post
                  If their needs to be change then the head coach needs to do what’s best for the program. As far as talent top to bottom I don’t know what HHS has. Just seems like that last few years the talent pool is not what it use to be.(or maybe coaches just got lucky and didn’t have to coach) Next year I feel is make or break for the football program.
                  I believe the JV Red claimed a district title?

I don't believe for a second the talent is lacking with the Cardinals.

Gomez doesn't have to be making moves, just yet. If he can send himself to Alabama...what's he doing for his assistants? There's plenty of successful state title teams, FBS and FCS teams that will open their film rooms and give tips to coaches that are willing to learn.

The players can't just be the one's putting in work in the off-season. If the assistants aren't hungry or there is no willingness from leadership to help improve their craft? Then yea, start making changes.

The only thing I feel the Cardinals are in dire need is a CERTIFIED NSCA STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACH...and there's one in Harlingen already.

Comment

Lol, those voting Harlingen will miss the playoffs aren’t very bright or hate Harlingen.

Dur, all Harlingen has to do is beat South and Rivera.

Comment

Lol, those voting Harlingen will miss the playoffs aren’t very bright or hate Harlingen.

The 2019 Cardinals should enjoy more success. Los Fresnos likewise should return to its former luster if it can shield itself from injuries which plauged it this year. Hanna will return some key players like the QB and a couple of good WRs on offense but unless it has some secret weapons hidden away on the bench at RB and to a large extent on defense, 32-6A should have a lot of parity among the top five teams. 2019 should be exciting in 32-6A.
                      Last edited by Valley Night Lights; 11-21-2018, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Didn't you vote we change OC and head for state.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaniz View Post
                          I believe the JV Red claimed a district title?

I don't believe for a second the talent is lacking with the Cardinals.

Gomez doesn't have to be making moves, just yet. If he can send himself to Alabama...what's he doing for his assistants? There's plenty of successful state title teams, FBS and FCS teams that will open their film rooms and give tips to coaches that are willing to learn.

The players can't just be the one's putting in work in the off-season. If the assistants aren't hungry or there is no willingness from leadership to help improve their craft? Then yea, start making changes.

The only thing I feel the Cardinals are in dire need is a CERTIFIED NSCA STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACH...and there's one in Harlingen already.
                          I spoke to some of the parents from LT last year when they played Los Fresnos. I was taken back when they said their kids have meal plans and strength/conditioning training relevant to their position. Most start this in middle school. If you notice Westlake and LT players, every position has players that look exactly the same. I’m pretty sure their training and nutrition has a lot to do with that. I’m not sure if these schools have a S&C coach but the parents said they take their kids to trainers/nutritionists on their own. Just about all go to the same place.
                          Originally Posted by newbler
                          Do i flame? You betcha

Comment

Originally posted by Lar Card View Post
                            I spoke to some of the parents from LT last year when they played Los Fresnos. I was taken back when they said their kids have meal plans and strength/conditioning training relevant to their position. Most start this in middle school. If you notice Westlake and LT players, every position has players that look exactly the same. I’m pretty sure their training and nutrition has a lot to do with that. I’m not sure if these schools have a S&C coach but the parents said they take their kids to trainers/nutritionists on their own. Just about all go to the same place.
                            Believe they both have certified S&C coaches. Not just a coach who tells em to lift.

Comment

Strength and conditioning in harlingen is the same across the board. It’s not by position or sports specific. (One size fits all) Maybe that needs to change! But everyone can blame that now and get away from the bad play calling.

Comment

Working...
                              X