Top 3 courses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 3 courses

In your opinion I was wondering what are your personal top three courses in the valley. Not necessarily which courses are the nicest, but which courses you enjoy the most, because of your scores, memories or even the cart girl.

for me its:

Tony Butler-the course I always played growing up
    Palmview-I always play well on the back nine
    and
    SPI- where our golf team practiced during high school

SPI, Tierra Santa and Los Lagos.

For the money, I say Los Lagos is the best value. You get a cart with GPS and a course in which you have to work the ball in order to score lower. Being straight of the tee could leave you with some long shots in to the green on par 4's. Par'5 are somewhat birdie holes except hole 9. It takes atleast 3 shots on the green. Two of the par 3's are probably the longest in the valley. Hole #8 is the longest but alittle wind aided. Hole #11is 180 yards of the tips but plays into a stiff cross wind and tees shot tend to be pushed into the water if you don't draw the ball onto the green. Also, hole #14 is surround by two-thirds of water and into the wind.

But SPI is the best kept course. The conditions of play is challenging but I would expect better looking golf cart girls. As Los Lagos, you have to work the ball off the tees but not as long as Los Lagos. Hole 12 looks like an easy par 3 but be careful of where the pin placement is at. Wrong side of the green can lead to a three putt. Just play the middle of the green and hope to cut the green in half to give yourself a chance.

Tierra Santa has the best looking golf cart girls on the valley but need alot of work on their greens. Course is fairly straight except hole 3. Greens are in bad shape but the course still rocks. Again, the CART GIRLS are HOT!!!!!
    Last edited by bayside; 10-12-2008, 09:14 PM.

Comment

haha, man i havent seen hot cart girls in a long time, I guess I need to go to Tierra or Los Lagos

Comment

Palmview - First course I played on although its gotten a little pricy over the years, still like to get out there.

Los Lagos - Great tough course and the GPS is a nice feature

Seven Oaks - I think its still called that but I have fond memories of this course. Its a bit more economical and just a nice overall course.
        sigpic

Comment

Seven Oak is now Meadow Creek: which is one of my favorites, cheap and I've shot some good scores there.

Cimmaron: played probably here the most. Its not the hardest but always seems to have my number

Monte Christo: back nine has four par 3s and three par 5s good opportunity to score low. Nice course usually not too busy, reasonable cost.
          Ego is the anesthesia that numbs the pain of stupidity

Comment

Prankster, if you don't stay in the fairway the course will get you. The rough doesn't look deep but for some reason it allows the club to get under the ball causing you to hit the ball alittle fat.

Plus, the greens seem to be true. If you catch a short iron good off the fairway, you'll get some backspin. Along with Los Lagos, Cimmaron's greens allows you to aim past the flag to bring it back towards the hole. Depending on where the flag sit on a green.

Comment

Originally posted by GO-LF View Post
              haha, man i havent seen hot cart girls in a long time, I guess I need to go to Tierra or Los Lagos
              Wait...I never said Los Lagos has decent cart girls. The only hot cart girl left to be with her sailor in Florida. :

Comment

Originally posted by bayside View Post
                Prankster, if you don't stay in the fairway the course will get you. The rough doesn't look deep but for some reason it allows the club to get under the ball causing you to hit the ball alittle fat.

Plus, the greens seem to be true. If you catch a short iron good off the fairway, you'll get some backspin. Along with Los Lagos, Cimmaron's greens allows you to aim past the flag to bring it back towards the hole. Depending on where the flag sit on a green.
                Fairways usually aren't my problem...its getting on the green. My tee shots are usually playable and in fair position...my short irons are just laughable and my putting i probably average 2.5 putts. I just dont play enough. I have no touch sometimes...especially outta the sand.

my biggest problem is my mental game though. I get so pissed off. I try and try to relax and before the round I tell myself...hey just go have fun. After first bad shot... @#$%(@#$^@#(*$&)&#$)
                Ego is the anesthesia that numbs the pain of stupidity

Comment

BIg Bear Golf Course in Traverse City Michigan went over there two years ago and was a beautiful golf course...

Your Best Game Couldn't Beat Us On Our Worse Day!

Comment

1. SPI-This course is just plain awesome and very challenging....

2. Riverbend-Always liked this course nice day of golf can always be had here....

3. Tierra Santa-Play here the most and you never get a bad round or bad eye candy....

Comment

i would say

spi- i got the chance to play this past week and its a beautiful course! very challenging!cart girl? what cart girls? didnt see any. . after the front 9 went to bar and asked the guys said there were none! although i did see a golf marshall or two!!

tierra de sol- i like this place cuz the greens are huge and its pretty econimical!

tierra santa- what can i say. .its close to me and they do got hot cart girl. .especially in summer time. . can u say tan lines?
                      'PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WESLACO PANTHERS & WESLACO EAST WILDCATS''

Comment

World of Warcraft of my mind and Its Power Leveling

*EDIT*

Comment

I just played at the Harlingen Country Club yesterday...Very NICE course, from the greens to the rough (were i played from 60% of the time)...had a good looking cart girl as well.
                          “When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.”

- Emo Philips

Comment

Los Lagos
                            Tierra Santa
                            P.I

Comment

1) Los Lagos
                              2) Tierra Santa
                              3) Martin Valley
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X