Valley Players Playing Semi Pro or Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valley Players Playing Semi Pro or Pro

I was asked this question and I really didn't have any answer. How many Valley players and who has signed semi pro or pro contracts?

I know Alan Cortinas from Porter High School signed with Tigres UANL in 2014. I believe about 2 years ago a player was drafted in the MLS superdraft. Other than that, I don't know.

The Valley's high school success has opened the doors for many kids to get scholarships at colleges and universities. In my opinion, that is the biggest success story of valley high school soccer.

Can someone share information on this?
    From La Southmost, now living in San Antonio
    Ej. La Ventana

Brownsville Soccer: 1983 Porter State Semis, 1990 Hanna 5A State Semis, 2004 Lopez 4A Champions, 2005 Rivera 5A State Semis, 2006 Porter 5A Champions, 2007 Rivera 5A State Semis, 2008 Lopez 5A Region IV Semis, 2009 Lopez 5A Final, 2011 Porter 5A State Semis, 2012 Lopez lost Region IV Final to eventual 5A Champion Sharyland, 2013 Hanna 5A Final, 2014 Lopez 5A Semis, 2015 Rivera 6A Champions, 2016 Porter 5A Champions, Lopez 6A Semis

Valley Players Playing Semi Pro or Pro

Mikey Lopez went to Shary High, then for senior year moved to San Antonio for a soccer academy, went to North Carolina was team MVP and was on ESPN. They might have won National Championship not sure. Got drafted to MLS in 1st round I believe also

Comment

Working...
    X